Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
That device appears to work much the same way as the PRV (pressure reducing valve) that's installed in the liquid line to the evaporator. This is fairly common in big Toyota cars lke the MKII, MKIII, and Cressida that have a high capacity A/C system.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Personally, I can see how it could possibly improve the performance of some American made A/C systems that depend largely on a TXV (thermal expansion valve) and a liquid line with a fixed orifice size to control the flow of liquid refrigerant to the evaporator core. But IMHO, I'd have to say that this is just another example of an area where Toyota was thinking way ahead and designed the PRV (Pressure Reducing Valve) to do what this thing appears to accomplish. Who knows, maybe they got the idea from studying how the PRV works in well designed Japanese A/C systems. :wink: Don't get me wrong, it looks like a nifty device, but I'd have to say that Toyota has already incorporated the basic theoryof the VOV into the PRV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.