Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few decent MKII's out on the streets around here. Was wondering if any of you were trolling the forums and would drop in and say hi. It would be good to meet some locals, that $100 round trip to Vancouver and back hurts. =)

·
Registered
517 Posts
If I ever go to Victoria I,ll drop a line. :D
Always like to meet a supra fan
Also like the Xr4ti, brother said they were really fast.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That'd be awesome...

The XR was a sweet car when it was running, my lack of cash flow to fix it when I got it and over driving resulted in it's untimely death. =( Hopefully will have it running by this time next year again. Picked up as a project car so I wasn't too hurt by it's death.

My plan is to turn the XR into an Autocross machine and the Supra into a rally car. Chances of both happening are little but I like to dream and hope.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Hey. Theres a bunch of us in the lower mainland. That round trip does hurt, but isn't it more like 80 right now? (assuming your not paying for a passenger). Anyways, if your going to take it, this is the weekend. We're having a meet right by Twassesn this sunday, why don't you come down? All the info is in the events section, check out the Suprollapaluza post. There will be a supra at the meet thats being or going to be prepped for rally duty too so it would be worth your while.

-Seamus

·
Registered
174 Posts
i live in victoria, there are few others i think and a few who live up island,
there are quite a few nice supras here and a few small block supras
so whatch out who you try and race:)
i have an 82 -its been under the knife all summer, getting a erebuni body kit and a 7m-gte hopefully done by the end of summer

Scott A

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
ok, theres two of you who should come now. Hey if you guys can't afford the ferry bill for your cars, or just one between the two of you, I could pick you guys up and drop you off at the terminal if you want to come as foot passengers. Its not a big deal as we'll be at most 10 minutes away from the terminal the whole day anyways. PM if your interested.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The meet is tempting, very tempting. Even better if someone wants to come with me, or I go with them and split the costs. I'd be embaressed by my nubile mechanical skills, but I'll get over it and it would be fun.

And the racing at that track I've been wanting to do for a long time. How many people are expected to show?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Anywhere between 30 and 80 I'd say. :wink:

I haven't had less then the high 20s for cars show up at any of my recent meets, and this one is open to all gens of supras and I'm pushing it a fair bit. I have almost 30 people confirmed and I'd expect at least another 20 to show on top of that. We're not doing their famous 80kmph mini indy car carts as those are stupid expensive, require a special license and they only allow 4 cars on the track at once. But the ones we're doing are the next notch down and they're plenty fun, awesome track.

Don't worry about your mechanical skills, this is a meet, not a pissing contest. Come down and have some fun and meet some new people, thats what its all about!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I also plan on attending the Delta meet this weekend & Don Culbertson will be coming up as well.

Years ago, we had a PacNW member named Todd Polvi up in Victoria, who had a 83 Redpra GTS (P-Type). Had a kid & dropped out of sight. Only other person up in Victoria that I know of, is John Wrightman, who has a Black 89T. Good to see that their really are other MKII owners up in Vancouver Island!!! Hope to see some of you this weekend!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
HEY!

i live in victoria, if you ever see a pos black supra driving with no lights on at night, thats ME!!! ill have a new alt soon enough i hope. good to know that there are vic people are here. yay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts