Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

In following last years new tradition of having a Generation specific activity during the Vegas meet (for those of you who attended the buffet dinner at "I think" Texas Station last year that Alan Goodsite was able to arrange for us, along w/ the Go-Karting afterwards (Thanks Alan & Mario)), we now have confirmation of a available date for this years shindig.

On Friday evening or late afternoon (after the Show & Shine is done), Vegas local Jim Coble (Red 83 w/ a 7M-GTE) has graciously agreed to host a BBQ gathering at his house, which is located just West/Southwest of the Luxor. Grand Plan at the moment, is a BBQ gathering, the usual "bench racing" babbling and some Gran Turismo 3 (GT3) racing on the Playstation. If there is enough interest in the GT3 racing, there might be prizes available for fastest lap, different catagories, etc, etc...

Basically, Friday evening is currently "free" in terms of scheduled activities on the Supras Invade Las Vegas agenda, thus Keith Hart has decided to use that evening for MKII, MKIII & MKIV generation specific activities.

So.... Can I please see a show of hands for anyone who is interested??? Please reply back to this posting, and possibly send a PM to Jim Coble (forum name: jimvegas00, since he does not look here that often), and maybe cc a PM to myself (Cjsredpra), so that we can get a idea as to how many are interested in this activity???

(BTW, I did eventually hear last year that we got "rave reviews" from the MKIII & MKIV guys, because we were able to coordinate & pull off a generation specific activity. While the other 2 Gen's did.... uhmmm.... NOTHING!!! :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :shock: Thus I'd like to continue this new tradition).

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Chris: You know that you can count me in for any MkII-specific get together...I'm absolutely terrible at PlayStation games, though. :-|

-- Bob --

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Count me in, Ill talk to my cousin about it. We might be bringing three mk2's from our neck of the woods 8)

As for the PS2 thing I'm on :twisted:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi everyone,
Thanks for posting on this Chris, I don't get to post as often as I'd like to.
Anyways, just wanted to clarify a few things on this get together. My idea is that we could have some racing on the playstation while the bbq is happening with trophys for the top 3 finishers. Play would be elimination style, similar to drag racing eliminations with semi-finals and final rounds.
The GT2 game has our car and I thought we could race those. GT3 has much better graphics, but does not have the mk2.
As for the food, I'll have hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken, plus the usual side items and my soon to be famous meatballs. Of course there will also be beer and sodas.
Vegas nightlife usually starts at about 10pm so there should be plenty of time to go get in trouble after the bbq. Also my house is only about a 15 min drive from the strip and the Luxor.
Any questions or comments you can e-mail me at [email protected].
Jim

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Chris,

I like your idea. I'll be there like the night of the 1st I think...something like that (probably late). I think getting all the Mk2 guys together somewhere is a great idea. I also need to pick up one of those Motorola talkabout radios before I go too.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully it will bring all the Mk2 guys together once we all land in Vegas.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd (Beth also) like to join the Mk2 gathering. Last year was fun and go-karting was a blast - wonder if there is another kart track closer to Jim's house / Luxor...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am out of the meet altogether. Business travel to Europe. Maybe one of these years I'll get to Vegas.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Chris,
While checking the Vegas registration pages I don't see my name listed and I know I paid. How do I contact Keith? I didn't see a contact on the site right off.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Josh,

You have PM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah you can count me in. no mkII this year it is parked in the garage. i will be driving my 86 lx 5.0 mustang.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, I'll need to talk to Jim when I get in on Sunday. And send him a PM soon.

Keith has posted a .pdf form that has the schedule information on the Vegas website. (you need Adobe Acrobat to open the form). If you can't open the form, Keith will also be leaving copies of schedule on your windshield if you are parked in the Luxor Garage.

As of right now, we will be having the Friday Show N Shine in the same Luxor Parking lot that we had it in last year. The event will start at 11:00, voting ballots will be due at 4:30 PM, then the awards will be handed out at "around" 5:30 or so. Am guessing that we will be done "around" 6:30 - 6:45??? (Heh.. we're always running late..). Then it's a mad rush for 100 - 130 Supra's to get out of the parking lot.... Oh fun... (the parking lot only has 2 entrance's).

Am going to "assume" that we can be at Jim's place after 7:00 or so??? Possibly a good idea to caravan over as a group????

Jim, can you post directions to your place in the next few days?? And let us know if we need to bring anything!!! If needed, we can always run down to the Von's (Safeway) grocery store that's down on Tropicana & Maryland.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Directions for mkII bbq

Hi everybody,
It's 11:10 pm and Chris Eng and I are at my house cleaning our cars!
I'm making copies of the directions to my house, see me or Chris at the show and we'll give you a sheet. The plan is for now that we will caravan over after the show.
If your car will not be at the show & shine, find one of us or someone that knows us. Chris' car is red with CJSUPRA licese plate. My car is red also with BOOOOST license plate. We will put a copy of the directions under your windshield wiper.
See you there,
Jim & Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts