Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Anybody want to volunteer??? Especially on a sunbelt dash from a junkyard????

If these guys do good work, we'll add them to the Restoration/Repair Parts & Suppliers list in the Resto Forum.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
But.......

Have you tried shipping LARGE objects (like a upper dash pad) from Australia to North America??? Not cheap, esp on global shipping rates!!! Cheap way to ship, would be parcel post ground..... Problem is that it get's transported via a container ship, which would take a month... each way. Air delivery would be quicker, but more expensive.

Keep in mind that this is a large object that "almost" borders on a oversize item.

I agree w/ Seamus, the shipping cost is not worth it, unless you like waiting several months for your dash... And since some of us here in the milder climates of North America have access to some decent dash's that are not rotting away.

Take it from someone who has pulled & shipped off 7 of these already.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
actually it says for us PACNW ppl, to send the products to their PacNW agent in washington and then he'll send the dash to australia for free and handle all that stuff, we just send it to them. and then they send it back to us.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Hrmm... Managed to miss that part.

10 years ago, I used to know someone who worked for Danzas Shipping in the Seattle area, so they are a legit company. The website says that the only shipping that you have to pay, is getting it from your location to Washington State, and vice versa when the dash is returned.

Thanks for looking this up Keseki, this is looking more viable already, if anyone wants to go this route.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
this is looking more viable already, if anyone wants to go this route.
which would be me :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts