Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the piddly question, but the plastic suckers I own keep friggin breaking :mad: . and if they are metal, are the mechanics the same as the the plasticy flip up ones? (as in can I just stick em in without having to gut the whole door)

the lock falls out :mad: and its a PITA to glue the bugger back in :mad: , just want to avoid doing this a second time. thanks :)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Nope, they are all plastic.

There is a fix for them......

Upgrade to the 84+ door handles.... The ones that you lift up. These don't break as frequently, as the 82 - 83's that you have to pull to the side.

It's been awhile since I've had to pull out a intact door handle, can't remember how to take it out. Yes, at least the door panel has to come off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, the lock fell out on the drivers side of my 85, and both the driver side and the passenger side of my 84, and to top it all off: the threads glued into the one on the passenger side on my 85 let go when my he-man friend tried to open it...

all the handles are back together on the 85 (the 84 is just a parts car) but the passenger side door handle is still loose. and needs to be tightened or rust will get at it again :(

I was just hoping that there were some accual metal door handles. Im a big fan of metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts