Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought one of the few remaining armrest pads a couple of years back, I have tried to keep my elbow off of it as much as possible. When driving on the interstate, it seems that my default driving position is with my right elbow propped on the upper front edge of the pad (my left hand is usually busy holding my cigar). Over time, this is causing the edge to become permanently indented. While browsing the ads in my AutoWeek some time back, I came across these armrest boosters that mount on top of the armrest pad with velcro straps, so I ordered one. Works great! I was afraid it would move around too much with just the straps, but it is just wide enough that it wedges between the seat bolsters for a snug fit. And the added height (2.5") is even more comfortable for me than stock. It doesn't look bad and can be removed in seconds. For those of you that are as picky about maintaining your interior as I am, this might be something to look into. And, I know, THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES, but it looks pretty much like the picture shown on the website.

http://armrests.com/armrest_booster.html

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
...I bought one of the few remaining armrest pads a couple of years back, I have tried to keep my elbow off of it as much as possible... THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES, but it looks pretty much like the picture shown on the website.
http://armrests.com/armrest_booster.html
Good find - I do the same thing - use the armrest carefully - no elbow. Looks like a good idea, and like the increased height. Did you get the leather ($$) or vinyl?
Here's the pic:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
that would be a simple mod to make that the real armrest :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the vinyl one. It looks good enough, and I'm just considering it as protection, like a steering wheel cover. If I were going to do a permanent mod, I'd probably get the leather. I'll try to post up some pics this weekend, just so you can see how it looks on the Supra.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
For those of you who do not mind of the armrest will be about an inch or two shorter (it just will not cover the handy map light), you can use one from a celica and they are hard to kill since it is thick rubber/plastic.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
For those of you who do not mind of the armrest will be about an inch or two shorter (it just will not cover the handy map light), you can use one from a celica and they are hard to kill since it is thick rubber/plastic.
Celica armrest won't latch on the Supra console. Tried it. You have to swap in the entire rear console piece to get it to work, but you lose your map light.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I mated a starquest armrest onto my console. Its a lil bit wider and longer but its hard vinyl so it will never wear and the texture is nearly identical to the rest of the console/interior so not many people notice its not stock.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a brief update, and full disclosure, I have noticed that the increased height causes a little awkwardness in shifting. Pushing it back a bit lessens the problem, and, since I'm mostly interstate driving, it's doesn't really bother me. However, for more spirited driving, you would probably want to remove it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts