"What fits?"
"How come custom wheels cost so much? DANG, I'm poor!"
"What offset should I get?"
"What bolt pattern is the MK2?"
"Check out these wheels in this Japanese pic from 1988. Where can I get them?"
"Check out these awesome Honda wheels I want, will they fit?"
"Do these look OK on the MK2?"
"Where do I buy wheel spacers/adapters?"
etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG, search the friggin world wide web!!!!!!! Research and learn about the vehicle you own. Don't be so damn lazy! I would say the incredibly outdated (but still very helpful) FAQ is to blame but it isn't. Yes it should be updated sometime but people need to stop being retarded.
Here's some tips:
*If you want cheap wheels that fit, buy Centerlines (or Panasports). If you don't like the way they look, oh well start saving your pennies!
*Buy wheel adapters and 40mm offset wheels.
*If you want wheels and have more money (not dreams) contact James Razor (Supra GTR), I'm sure he'd be glad to sell you some wheels.
*There are some brands that aren't mentioned in the FAQ, go back and read through the threads in this subject (from the beginning).
*Keep your eyes out for old used wheels.
*Live with the stock wheels and spend the money on the rest of the car (I'll bet it needs the attention).

Finally:
For a 15-17" diameter x 7-8" wide wheel, 4x114.3mm(4.5"), it should be 0-20mm offset.

GOOD LUCK!

v*EDIT*v
Links:
Konig Rewind wheels 14x7 $94, 15x7 $107
http://www.jdwheels.com/konig.htm
Package pricing on Konig, Panasport wheels (for reference)
http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WWC
Oldschool JDM wheel importer
http://www.takumiproject.com
Thread regarding two 15x7 wheels available through Tirerack.com
http://www.celicasupra.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=16393

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Joseph has always seemed to me to be the type of person not to let things get to him. He really is a genuinly nice guy.

That said, sounds like you've really pissed him off. But he's right.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks all for the kind words. I was a bit worried how this would be taken but then I just said fuck it :shock:
I just kills me when I'm looking through posts and see all this crap cluttering up the forum. I just remember when you had to really scour the web for info (way before the forum). Now it seems like people just join and fire away without really trying at all. I was happy to read any info I could find when I first started out with the MK2. That was like 6+ years ago, yikes. I'm really sounding old here....

·
POTATO
17,207 Posts
definitely agree. I know Im not very good with wheels, but I do use SEARCH everytime I have a thought/question and if I cant find it then I post...but the repetitive questions aren't just limited to wheels alone, it's everywhere and it is getting annoying. I think the SEARCH button should replace the forum "logo" so then maybe it would be seen (kidding)

:wabbit:
^just wanted to use that for fun :cool:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tanyas Mk2 said:
but the repetitive questions aren't just limited to wheels alone, it's everywhere and it is getting annoying.

:wabbit:
Agreed!
BTW I just had to leave the wabbit in your quote :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
So can I put I MKIII wheel on a MKII? :burn: :chair: :fawk: hehehe I agree with your post though.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know I'm new and everything, but, maybe if the most common questions that are answered are made a sticky, that will help cut down or eliminate the repetitive questioning?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Nukes25 said:
I know I'm new and everything, but, maybe if the most common questions that are answered are made a sticky, that will help cut down or eliminate the repetitive questioning?
alot of questions are answered here

http://www.celicasupra.com/faq.htm

maybe.. for a sticky at the top of each forum here that the specific targeted interest

example

http://www.celicasupra.com/wheels.htm

just make a sticky with only that in the post and subject like wheels and tire options and then lock the post ??

mods how about it?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mk2_suprafan said:
by the way, will a 13" gold dayton 100 spoke fit on the mk2?
No. 14" minimum to clear the HUGE OE brakes :D

Check out my links edit in the first post. I'd like to add to this periodically as a way to keep track of pertinent sites and info. I have tons of saved links I'll have to go through. If I put them on here then everyone who looks at this thread can find them. Hopefully people can find what they need from the links. Additionally when the FAQ gets updated or a forum specific FAQ sticky is made (maybe I'll do it) this links list can be transferred to it. I'd like everyone's input, so if you have a good link, PM me and I'm add it to the first post.
Thanks,

·
Registered
395 Posts
good job

no ones forcing you to read those posts. you took a lot of time to write that whole oage complaining abiut it. why dont you go cry about it alone and spare me

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Re: good job

84supra74vette said:
no ones forcing you to read those posts. you took a lot of time to write that whole oage complaining abiut it. why dont you go cry about it alone and spare me
he never said that he read them, he said they were cluttering up the forum, which is a valid concern...it can be very difficult to find the information you do want when there are five threads asking if konig rewinds fit our cars, three threads asking about adaptors, four threads saying "check out my wheels" (which should have been in the pictures forum), and so on.

knowledgable people are an asset, and here of their own free will, people who piss them off will find that those who know, will stop answering their questions.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Re: good job

84supra74vette said:
heres a better idea... theres a nice blinking text at the top that says USE THE FUCKING SEARCH. you can find most everything you want with that magical little button, and if you cant, youre doing it wrong. and if you cant after you correct yourself and do it right, then ask the question.

however, i believe everything you could EVER want to know about wheels has been covered. hell i bet you could look on the first page and find whatever you want for an answer. and how do i know its all been covered, the options are limited for us.

answers for all are 4x114.3, 0mm, 4.5", panasport, centerline, konig, and no

1 - 20 of 61 Posts