Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this badass mk2 just as pandemic season was starting knowing I needed something to work on.
The previous owner was going for a mad max theme that looked super cool and excused the paint and rust. He put the XXR rims on and was starting to do the prep for autocross.

my plan is to restore the interior and get the body work looking good, there's a couple places rusted through but overall it's held up really well.
Once the body work is finished I want to drop in a 2JZ-GE to pair with the W58, though if a r154 shows up that I can afford I'd rather go all the way to 2JZ-GTE. It's running right now so I'm not in a hurry to do the swap, although summer's coming and I plan on fixing the A/C during the swap.

So far I've gotten new carpet from stock interiors (it was fine, fitment would have been better if I didn't also get the mass backing, which they didn't align very well)
and have been thinking about upholstery options. I've made some new friends already and there's a couple cars in a yard near me to pull parts from.

I'm not a fan of the cardboard headliner, and would love to find a carbonfiber or all plastic one. short of that I think I'll try to make one out of wood.

Anyways, here it is as I picked it up. The work so far hasn't been anything special, just grinding out rust and tearing it down.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Picture didn't load, but it might be an issue with number of posts.

If you want to get started on where to look for common rust spots and how to tackle them, this thread is a great primer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture didn't load, but it might be an issue with number of posts.

If you want to get started on where to look for common rust spots and how to tackle them, this thread is a great primer.
Thanks, @Texasissouth . I'll take a look!

·
Founding Member
6,367 Posts
Welcome. If you've got rust to deal with, you'll want to also review Seamus' threads on rust repair. Look for posts by "SupraFiend"

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Assuming this is the black one with louvers I know the car well. If you need any parts just let me know, I actually helped the 2 owners ago fella to get it going well. Replaced valve stem seals with him, few misc fixes, that was awhile ago though. Those louvers were from my parts stash, just happy to see em rolling around town. Austin is a small town, so I get texts here and there from friends with pics of mk2's they spot because they know my affliction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, @gamble! I'm pretty sure it is that one, I do have the louvers. I'm not driving it around much but if you see me feel free to flag me down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the club. I'm a forum member but more of a lurker on the forum. I'm in ATX as well and have a cherry 86 MKII P-type. Its in storage but plan to get it going again this year. Maybe we will cross paths in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts