Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you kinda remember when DJ France (Supradude117) picked up a well used Black 81 MKI that he wanted to use for his MKI/2UZ-FE V8 conversion.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=28241

Around the end of May of this year, he decided to sell it, after finally deciding that the White 79 that he bought shortly afterwards, was in much better shape for the project. Found a buyer, told the buyer of it's various problems & sold it for $500. Swapped over a few of the good parts that he wanted to keep for the project.

Fast forward to 2 1/2 weeks ago. Darrow C PM's me & says a new MKI has made it's way to the Lynnwood Pull A Part. Thinking it might be something new that I did not know about, I was interested in seeing what they acquired. Walks into the yard, sees the nose of a Black 81 & 10 seconds later... It dawns on me.... IT'S AUDREY!!!!!

The rusted hood & the cheapass seat covers from Walmart were the big clues...... :ugh:

I called DJ & he got a pretty good laugh after finding out that the car ended up in a salvage yard after 4 months. We're still wondering why, we're guessing either a BHG, or lack of oil. Ah well..

So I started poking around for parts. Came up with a few items, all of which is now available for sale.

These are all Maroon items from the 79, that he swapped to the 81 before selling it. Rear view mirror, trunk light, rear speaker covers, the right side hook for the 3-piece cargo cover. I will be including these w/ the rest of the Maroon parts that I have bought previously (parts from the Pillagemobile from last summer).

These are hard to find items. Bezel plates for the inside door pull handles & lock buttons. These are the original Black ones & not Maroon. NOT very easy to find these!!! Apparently the door pull handles are slightly "larger" (top to bottom, not side to side) from the ones that are in a 78 - 81 RA Celica & they DON'T interchange (yes, I did a side by side comparison). Neither one of these are cracked, just some minor paint rubbing from the one that came from the drivers door. $20 + shipping. And yes, these are CLASS F items....

The only other items that I pulled off, were the Right Front & Left Rear mudflaps. Not sure if I'm selling these yet. No pictures yet, I still need to get them cleaned up. Right Rear was missing & the left front has a big flaw in it:

(Yes, there is a big chunk missing from the bottom. This item stayed on the car).

Finally, I did grab the nose badge, but I'm probably keeping it for a reference item. I thought I uploaded a picture of this, but I guess not.

Things that I left on the car that are still good: Both 80/81 side mirrors, the inside Maroon B-Pillar panels, the Maroon seatbelts (male/female buckles are unique to 79's & don't interchange w/ 80/81) & the Maroon side trunk panels. Not much else that I can think of.

RIP Audrey!!! Thanks for donating a few parts for the cause!!!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Chris,
If you decide to sell the mudflaps, LMK. I have a partial set and what you have would complete it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
too bad there wasn't that much to save on Audrey

Chris were the front clear parking lens good?? First pic looks like its intact

RIP

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow..... 6 postings already.... Heehee...

Sorry Kenny. I got to the yard about 6 days after they put the car in & the entire rear axle AND driveshaft was gone. Yep, I'm also betting the Hachi guys already got to it.

Oldmate: Try again, I just finished clearing out some space in the Inbox.

Devin: BOTH of the 2 front clear parking lens's have cracks/fractures on the front leading edges (next to the headlights). Can't really see the left side very well, until you get up close. The cracks on both lens's are over an inch long. Had both of these been crack free, I would have snagged them.

Karl: Let me get the mudflaps cleaned up & I'll post some picture. I might be persuaded to part with them.

Any other requests??? I think Josh was possibly looking for some sunroof parts. As I told him a few weeks ago, the panel is garbage, but the innards might be okay.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a spare rear end sitting in my backyard that I really don't need. If ya ever want it let me know.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to hold Darrow responsible as well, contributory negligence don't ya' know.
LOL!!!! Darrow will love this. Unfortunately, when HE first saw it, it was not in the yard yet, it was still in the holding pen, waiting to be processed "I believe".

Devin, where did your spare rear end come from?? The Black 80 (3.90), or the Light Blue 81 (3.73)?? Not sure what ratio Kenny is looking for.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Devin, where did your spare rear end come from?? The Black 80 (3.90), or the Light Blue 81 (3.73)?? Not sure what ratio Kenny is looking for.
It's from the light blue 81 that I totally stripped apart. it's the 3.73 ratio.

I need to find those pitchers, that was a fun time..

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I must confess, Darrow called me also, and I forgot about the car. Axle ass.would have been nice, but I didn't even think about it at the time.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i could sure use that Radio in there
This is what Oldmate was asking me about. He sent me a PM about 45 minutes before you posted.

The radio has electrical issues. This is what I sent to Oldmate:

Bad news is that when I turned it on (back when DJ still had it), the radio would cut out & the pre-amp/EQ would lose power. We're guessing a short somewhere. or it's got other issues. Have not clue as to the working condition of the tape player.
Since you have a 80, which did not come with the 3-piece Fujitsu system (which was not available until 81), the radio basically won't function unless you have the Pre-Amp/EQ that is sitting on the console. This particular radio does not have a on/off power switch, or a volume knob, it's all controlled on the aftermentioned Pre-Amp/EQ.

Let me see what Oldmate says, if he's interested in this or not.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got another PM from Oldmate. He still wants everything. Operating or not.

So now hopefully all of the radio stuff is still there. Yard closes in 8 minutes & I won't be able to get there until next week (tomorrow is out). So consider all of the radio stuff pre-sold. Unless someone else gets to it, in the next 6 days.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.