Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks like he is fine waiting to me, nothing like that perfect car popping up after a long search.
Patience pays off. Sometimes, I wish I would have waited longer, but I felt like the train was leaving the station to pick one up. I probably jumped the gun, but its ready for me when I decide to dig into it. That 84 looks clean, but way too much in my opinion. Its not a low mileage original, the hatch is wrong, the decal is not applied correctly IIRC, and paint always looks better in photos. It's a really nice driver.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
How's the 4runner doing? It counts as a rear drive toyota, drive that puppy to the meet ;) Or hell you could hitch a ride with me if you like i bet.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know I always say I'm interested, and then I don't show, but I am interested. I already have the 25th off as a vacation day. The problem that I always run into is that with the department staffing being at an all time low, I can usually pick up an overtime shift on big weekends in the spring and any day during the summer. Overtime pays for my hobbies..LOL. I'll watch the thread and see what happens.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh, and the 4runner is doing great! I have been driving it around as my daily driver again. I need to lower it about 1.5" since the new tires are not as tall or as wide as the old ones. Should be taking it to Atlas spring to take out a leaf and do a proper alignment soon.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know I have not been active on attending meets, but I wanted to throw this out to you. Dirty Martin's just posted on Facebook about hosting car nights on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. Do you want to try and start a monthly meet? Maybe call it "8DZ MPT" and open it up to the Z guys...and trucks from that era too?

·
Registered
815 Posts
It would be hard to make the mon/tue nights but possibly wed. I think the Z cars have a club with monthly meetings already. gamble and I crashed it one time.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Happy to hear the 4runner is doin good. Yeah i work every single sun/mon/teus at 10pm, and have pool league every weds night as well... If they could give us a monthly 80's night on thurs-sat i could do it without fail, or on weds i could skip pool league once a month for it easy enough. 80's meet could be pretty popular especially if the domestic guys like 5.0's are down.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
The weather has been insanely nice. I don't think i have anything goin on this weekend if you wanna do cabela's or just a cruise for some BBQ maybe. Lemme know what your schedule is like, i'll text another local guy who isn't on here much and see if he wants to go or ride with me too.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #353

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
My feet are sore after only about 8 hours at the track yesterday and i've got about 10 to do today... Gonna have to bow out so i can lounge in the evening to prepare for another long day sunday too. Here are some consolation pics i took though. The touring car race was awesome, field of almost 50 cars between 3 classes out at the same time, lots of passing, and the leaders of the fastest class finished a 40 minute race within 3 tenths of a second.

341 - 355 of 355 Posts