Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
if im in the wrong thread can u tell me where the right one is??
If you cannot find the information on here, I would recommend that you do not attempt to 1) Do a Auto to 5 speed swap and 2) Really do not attempt it with one from an mk3 Supra.

·
Registered
598 Posts
im not intrested in reading a novel i just wanted to ask a question but aparently your website is above that thanks
oh and i dont need you to tell me my own mechanical ability...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I am not questioning your mechanical ability, but you need to know what the swap entails before doing it.

And if you expect someone to spoon feed you the information instead of finding it yourself, you are in the wrong forum.

And the website is not above providing you the answers you are looking for, but first you have to look for them instead of just asking about information that is already available.

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
he's just asking a simple question, give him a break. You spent 4 posts heckling him when you could have just taken a minute to answer his question, which wasn't out of line and is info not contained in this thread.

Yes you can use your mk3 w58 in a mk2. As was stated your shifter will be a little further back then the mk2 one, but if the car is a bit of a mutt you can just live with it if you don't want to source the parts to convert it. The top plate on the tranny, and the main shift rod at least will need to be swapped from a mk2 w58 to get the mk2 shift position, this will require disassembling the transmission, but you don't have to take the gears apart from each other. You'll end up with the same shift position as the guys that run r154s in mk2s, an inch and a bit back and if you don't have a short throw shifter you'll have to notch the interior shifter surround to clear the arm on down shifts, that or bend the shifter forward. Other then that, it will work without issue. Just leave the mk3 speed sensor in and dangling, or pull it and plug the hole with a custom plate, it won't hurt anything either way. I'm pretty sure the output shaft sticks out the same distance too so you shouldn't have any drive shaft issues.

·
Registered
598 Posts
thank you
as long as i wont have to replace any major parts...
i f*ed up removing the trany from my mk3 and ended up lobbing off the shifter with an angle grinder... so i have the chance to make my own and get it welded on by a friend...

thanks again...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
thank you
as long as i wont have to replace any major parts...
i f*ed up removing the trany from my mk3 and ended up lobbing off the shifter with an angle grinder... so i have the chance to make my own and get it welded on by a friend...

thanks again...
How much of the top part did you cut off? If there is still some of the chrome part on there, you can separate the upper (chrome) and lower (plain steel) with a blow torch and 2 vice grips. It will make a shorter height shifter (not shorter throw) but you will have to get one of the shifter knobs that uses the set screws unless if you know someone with a good die set since there are no threads on the top of the inner piece (the plain metal part). I have been running one for quite some time now, and with BillyM's Shifter kit installed, it feels very nice and you don't have to worry about punching the radio in 1,3,5.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you cannot find the information on here, I would recommend that you do not attempt to 1) Do a Auto to 5 speed swap and 2) Really do not attempt it with one from an mk3 Supra.
why the hell would u use a mk3 supra 5 speed get one from a mk2 or find a dead mk2 trans and swap the tail end or was it the shifter out i cant remember:ugh:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
why the hell would u use a mk3 supra 5 speed get one from a mk2 or find a dead mk2 trans and swap the tail end or was it the shifter out i cant remember:ugh:
Why the hell would you post this bullshit is the proper question to be asked?!

1. His question has been answered, by knowledgeable people, hence making your post futile.
2. What has to be swapped out, has already been posted, five posts before yours.
3. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, so we would all appreciate it if you just didn't post until you actually have something useful to say.
4. You've been a member for less then a month, you obviously know next to nothing, hence this oblivious troll post.
5. Just...Don't. Think before you type, or speak. You have over a 100 posts, and I couldn't find one that was actually helpful information. Just chill dude.

·
Registered
255 Posts

1. His question has been answered, by knowledgeable people, hence making your post futile.
2. What has to be swapped out, has already been posted, five posts before yours.
3. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, so we would all appreciate it if you just didn't post until you actually have something useful to say.
4. You've been a member for less then a month, you obviously know next to nothing, hence this oblivious troll post.
5. Just...Don't. Think before you type, or speak. You have over a 100 posts, and I couldn't find one that was actually helpful information. Just chill dude.
dont have to be a ass hole man

·
Registered
518 Posts

Dude, there's no need to bash him. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it in a bad way, more of in a scratching his head way. People are hesitant to join forums (or speak their minds in public) because of people like you who attack others because you feel like you have some supreme authority with your 3,000 plus post or "divine" knowledge. You say his post is useless but you also add to the unnecessary responses. Whether you feel like you need to live up to your "Mr. Prick" name or not I feel that was completely uncalled for. Not trying to antagonize things just making you aware.

·
Registered
255 Posts
well i dont know what part of my post was trolling as he said but win you go find someone to rag on like that just cuz my post is not to your stand and you have no idea what the hell i know im glad some one can sum some one else up but about 190 posts or even less that im not perfect i was born human so sue me

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
well i dont know what part of my post was trolling as he said but win you go find someone to rag on like that just cuz my post is not to your stand and you have no idea what the hell i know im glad some one can sum some one else up but about 190 posts or even less that im not perfect i was born human so sue me
Sorry, I have to ask.....have you been drinking tonight?:zzzzz:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Number 4 and 5 are a little over the top there man. But ya, if its been posted no need to repeat, unless its not understood.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for this great topic. It has been a ton of help to me while swapping out my tranny. Can someone clarify what should be done with the automatic transmission oil cooler? That's the only topic on here that seems to be pretty vague and mostly untouched. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,395 Posts
Yeah, just plug the holes on the rad.

If a Mod has some time on their hands, theres about 10 posts on this page and the previous that could be nuked. This is supposed to be a FAQ, instead its turned into a bitch fest.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Sweet, thanks... having trouble with the top transmission bolts... bit of a tight squeeze... any suggestions there?
14mm socket, wobbly (can never remember the true name), and about 3 ft of extension. Assemble the stuff, and get the socket on the bolt and wrench it off at the rear of the transmission.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts