Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/index.html

Hey All:

The SCCA is having annual stop at Bremerton Motorsports Park on 7/26 and 7/27 for a two day Autocross. Part of their National Tour. I'l be up there participating and hoping some other PacNW members can stop by too. Usually pretty entertaining and really a beautiful setting. Chris E. should be stopping by at least on Sat., others have come by in the past too. Check out the about link for more info on the event !

Don L.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
For those that are somewhat confused, the location is Bremerton, WA @ Bremerton Raceway.

I'll be there for the Friday practice sessions (good excuse for me to go for a ride in the AutoXmobile around the practice course), and I'll be there for the Saturday racing. Will have to pass for the Sunday session.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Don - I'd love to watch you run - I'll be south of there in Washougal, WA (just NE from Portland) on Sunday, 7/27 - will just miss you. Best of luck and go get 'em! Jay B in AZ

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Suprajayaz said:
Don - I'd love to watch you run - I'll be south of there in Washougal, WA (just NE from Portland) on Sunday, 7/27 - will just miss you. Best of luck and go get 'em! Jay B in AZ

What are doing in that neck of the woods "LITERALY :p " How long are you going to be up for Jay.Might be able to Talk Ophir into a "quick" drive down :)

I'll be trying to go see Don in Bremerton on Sat. also.I enjoyed it very much last year.I'll make sure Don C. knows whats going on also.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys:

Be great to see ya !

Yup, last year was was practically a mini-meet with all the MK2 supras.
First time I saw Don C's car and was sure impressed ! Saturday sounds like the popular day. As I recall, painfully, last year saturday I was in first place but totally caved on sunday, finishing in second. My co-driver Barry and I hope to be more "consistant" this year.

Let's all think positive for dry weather cuz I'm not bringing any rain rubber.

Hope Chris brings the silver slug :)

Don L.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Don,

Grand Plan at the moment, is that the Silver Slug will come to the Friday practice session. Will make sure that it's looking pretty when I come. :D I'll bring the Redpra on Saturday.

Shawn, Senor Balducci will be arriving in Portland on either Friday or Saturday 7/25 or 7/26. Will be heading to Washougal on Saturday or Sunday for a MotoX. Will then be heading north to Vancouver B.C. for a few days (told him to get ahold of Seamus, so that they can possibly hookup), & they are hoping to spend a night somewhere on Whidbey Island. "Hopefully" Jay & Beth can hookup w/ the PacNW crew on Saturday, 8/2. They are flying home on Sunday.

Jay, you DEFINITELY need to "experience" a ride in Toomie while you are up here!!! Doesn't matter if Shawn or Ophir is driving, things will get, uh..... interesting.... :shock: :shocked!: :multi:

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Damn-Christine is getting torn apart tonite for head work :p (Mosquito Fog)-and Lori has her car all weekend-I need a ride(Hint, Hint)if Im gonna go either day-Ah hell-Mike P- :mad:

·
Registered
794 Posts
not to hjack the thread but as far as washougal...

I am there the 23rd-27th. I take my 5th wheel up every year and race in the amatures.

If anyone wants a description of my rig and where I park let me know. I'd love to meet up with other members.

I am going to post something in the general area also.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I talked with Seamus - got lots of good ideas for his neck of the woods - thx! I'd love to catch a ride in Ophir's car - that would be awesome. Maybe 8/1 or 8/2 when we come back down to Seattle. Only 4 more weeks... Jay B in Az

CJSREDPRA said:
Don,

(told him to get ahold of Seamus, so that they can possibly hookup), & they are hoping to spend a night somewhere on Whidbey Island. "Hopefully" Jay & Beth can hookup w/ the PacNW crew on Saturday, 8/2. They are flying home on Sunday.

Jay, you DEFINITELY need to "experience" a ride in Toomie while you are up here!!! Doesn't matter if Shawn or Ophir is driving, things will get, uh..... interesting.... :shock: :shocked!: :multi:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Suprajayaz said:
I talked with Seamus - got lots of good ideas for his neck of the woods - thx! I'd love to catch a ride in Ophir's car - that would be awesome. Maybe 8/1 or 8/2 when we come back down to Seattle. Only 4 more weeks... Jay B in Az

CJSREDPRA said:
Don,

(told him to get ahold of Seamus, so that they can possibly hookup), & they are hoping to spend a night somewhere on Whidbey Island. "Hopefully" Jay & Beth can hookup w/ the PacNW crew on Saturday, 8/2. They are flying home on Sunday.

I'll have her ready and waiting.Actualy,she's in the garage right now.Valve adjust and mkIV fuel pump 8)

"Interesting" what do you mean Chris :twisted: I think "Entertaining" is more the word :lol: 8)

To be be perfectly honest,Toomie is starting to scare me just a little :wink:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
LOL!!!!

The last time I went for a ride in Toomie was 2 years ago, before Ophir went on his hiking trip in SE Asia. This was pre-TO4E (it still had the pea-shooter). And Ophir was in one of his frisky moods.

Now I really wonder what I've been missing, since you mentioned that Ophir get's a little worried when he's in the passenger seat & you're behind the wheel....

I'm overdue for another ride in Toomie... :lol:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
LOL!!!!

The last time I went for a ride in Toomie was 2 years ago, before Ophir went on his hiking trip in SE Asia. This was pre-TO4E (it still had the pea-shooter). And Ophir was in one of his frisky moods.

Now I really wonder what I've been missing, since you mentioned that Ophir get's a little worried when he's in the passenger seat & you're behind the wheel....

I'm overdue for another ride in Toomie... :lol:
Ask Bill P.,I took him for a ride about 2 weeks ago.I "only" hit about 120 on I-5 north on the way to Marysville.Needless to say,he's ready for "more power" :twisted:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Bump....... :D

Now that we're done hijacking this thread. :oops: :oops:

A reminder that Don will be up here this coming weekend!!!!

I plan to attend the Friday practice session from 11:00 - 3:00. Hopefully Don will be arriving sometime around ~Noonish. If he can get the bugs worked out of the car & makes sure that his suspension setup is a-okay, then hopefully I'll be able to go for a ride w/ him on a few practice runs.

Don will be racing on Saturday & Sunday. I'll be there for the Saturday racing & will then plan on having dinner w/ himself & wife Allison. I won't be able to make it for the Sunday session.

Weather forecast is calling for sunny skies & temps in the upper 70's. Bremerton Raceway is out in the open, so if anyone is coming, bring sunscreen, a hat, lots o liquids & a chair. For those who want to see a heavily modded AutoX suspension on a MKII, this is the car to look at. Don is only maybe 2 - 3 peeps who competes in D-Street Prepared (the others here on the Forums mostly compete in G-Stock).

Hope to see a few of you out there on Saturday. I'll be out there w/ the Silver Slug (Redpra still not done w/ BHG repair).

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
dang, I'd love to go but I'll be out camping all weekend. I'll have to catch you at Vegas this year Don.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some info before I hit the road this morning. Looks like my DSP class will be running Sat/Sun in the last group, probably around 2-3pm each day. Some really awesome cars in this class this years, a heavily modded BMW330, Integra GSRs, VW GTI, Spec Miatas, Cougar (?), Fiat x1/9. 15 car class. Should be fun.

Don L.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I totaly spaced this meet :mad: The wife has "other" plans for me for the next 2 weekends.I'll have to wait for the "PacNW Nationals" to see anybody again.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Sunday AM Update.....

15 entries this year in D-Street Prepared..... And Don is currently in 2nd place!!!! Co-Driver Barry Chafin currently 5th.

First place at the moment, is a woman driving a V-Spec Miata (yep, she's competing in DSP, not DSPL). And her pit area "just so happens" to be right next door to Don's!!!!! :D Track times between 1st & 2nd are mightly close. Annie posted a 53.595 on her best run, Don did a 53.649, so there is a 0.054 difference between 1st & 2nd place!!!!

Weekend has been a BLAST!!!!! Went for 6 - 7 rides in the AutoXmobile during the Friday practice runs on the practice course (WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!).... Then later on, I got to drive the AutoXmobile out in the Street & Freeway, while we were in search of a car wash in Port Orchard.... Ran out of time & was unable to find one w/ a spray gun/wand... Oh well... :lol:

Saturday...... Got to test drive Barry's Rental T-Bird... :D First day of racing, I ended up being the team photographer (both on my Nikon & Don's digital cam. We're HOPING that we got some quality Malloy Calendar material, considering I shot off 2 rolls of film using a 70 - 300 zoom). Then of course, there was the Taco Time Cactus riding around in the T-Bird... :p

To Don & Barry: Good Luck Sunday!!!! Wish I could be there to see the rest of the races!!!!

Hopefully results will be posted on the SCCA website by 8:00 PM, PST. They can be found here: http://www.scca.com/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2003/seattle/results.html#StreetPrep (scroll down to D class).

Thanks again to Don & Allison Lew + Barry Chafin for another fun AutoX weekend in the PacNW!!! :D 8)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Monday AM.....

The SCCA results are in!!! Don won this afternoon in DSP. The woman that he was competing w/ for 1st place ended up dropping to 3rd. Don's co-driver, Barry was able to maintain his 5th place spot. The top 5 finish's in his class got trophy's, so the both of them came home w/ hardware. Congrats to both Don & Barry!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts