Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An autocross event is approaching in my state and I've never autocrossed before. I'd absolutely love to get on the track but I don't know if it's even worth it/how good I could preform. My supra has a 5mge, manual transmission, L-type, and is completely stock. What do you think about me taking it out to autocross? How have you guys performed before (and with what motor)?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Usual safety things, good brakes tires etc, if you can find a set of P-type wheels and tires, have yet to go autocrossing myself, but most require helmets

·
Registered
367 Posts
i took mine a few years ago, and it was all wore out then. the only thing i suggest youll want to do is get fresh shocks! and maybe springs if yours are toast. and of course any bushings. my chassis was just plain tired and i was rolling all over the place and just fighting understeer. but it was still a hell of alot of fun

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are great videos guys! That looks like so much fun! Maybe I should just wait until the summer season, buy a spare set of tires and rims, and not rush into it.
How well did your cars hold up against all the competition?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I think you should just go for it now. No point in investing money if it turns out you don't even like it. I'm taking my pickup truck out this summer to try it; the CS would probably be better suited when it's done. My local club loans helmets for newcomers to try, so there is no cost investment there. Look in to what yours does. Also, if I'm not mistaken, times are adjusted for different cars based on the wide-range of categories they fit in to. You might not be the absolute fastest out there, but the adjustment factor might make you competitive. Lastly, who cares if you're competetive? It'll be fun and you'll be a better driver for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts