Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '85 MkII that will occasionally decide not to start. It's easily fixed by exerting pressure on the shifter to push it further into the park position. Have been made aware of a switch involved to repair but don't know the location. Is it in the console with the shifter or on the trans by neutral safety switch. Not a big problem but annoying. Any help most welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link to the adjustment diagrams. I'm sure that's all it needs. When it won't start all I need to do is push on the shift lever while turning the key so I'm sure it's not a big adjustment. Just didn't want to tear the console apart only to find no adjustment there. Now I just need to wait for the snow to melt to be able to get in and use a lift. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
No,the adjustment is on the drivers side of the tranny.
I may not not take a lot of time to do it.... NOT in the snow.
Wait until the snow melts a bit more.
Your Supra is not inside? A shame.

That issue was difficult to find as far as the replacement part and the placement on the TRANNY! I refuse to call it a transmission!
OK,trans.
The neutral switch is usually a reliable electrical device. It is probably a linkage adjustment issue. Just some worn bushings and sloppy OLD CAR issues. Normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts