Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a very fun time at the AutoX here at the fair grounds. The car handles okay but definatly requires alot of work to keep it going without spinning it at every corner exit....the suspension felt nice but the tires sucked and I totally killed the fronts. (old worn out 4 year old falkins). I autoX'd once before when my car was pretty much stock and it definatly was not as much fun. now I have boost. great for oversteer to get around that damn hairpin that they alway put there. grrr. anwyays. I learned alot about how my car handles and how much I can actually push it before it spins. (spun 4 times this weekend). I definatly have alot of room for improvement as a driver but i am going to get tires first. damn crappy street tires just dont hold up to the abuse of 230+hp and 260+ torque at the wheels.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya and I can't forget that today I met wes. beautiful beautiful car. and well mine isn't.....but he was really cool and definatly rode out on me by like 2 seconds consistantly

85TurboMKII said:
Well I had a very fun time at the AutoX here at the fair grounds. The car handles okay but definatly requires alot of work to keep it going without spinning it at every corner exit....the suspension felt nice but the tires sucked and I totally killed the fronts. (old worn out 4 year old falkins). I autoX'd once before when my car was pretty much stock and it definatly was not as much fun. now I have boost. great for oversteer to get around that damn hairpin that they alway put there. grrr. anwyays. I learned alot about how my car handles and how much I can actually push it before it spins. (spun 4 times this weekend). I definatly have alot of room for improvement as a driver but i am going to get tires first. damn crappy street tires just dont hold up to the abuse of 230+hp and 260+ torque at the wheels.

·
Registered
13,118 Posts
I need to go anywhere they have a few MK2's. I might make a trip down through FL late this summer, if so, will definately plan around an autoX event.

Need Struts:

-BillyM
Viva La AutoX!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the next one in tampa is in august...just go to cfrscca.org...there is others around the state but I like going to tampa because it's close :)

_HOT_M16 said:
I need to go anywhere they have a few MK2's. I might make a trip down through FL late this summer, if so, will definately plan around an autoX event.

Need Struts:

-BillyM
Viva La AutoX!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts