Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could the maximum avatar file size please be enlarged? Not the dimension size.

It would help greatly with more creative avatars. I've created some animated gifs, but they are too large in file size to use and I couldn't get them smaller.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think the point was to avoid animated gifs to help the dialup users.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
quick said:
no problems here :wink:

<-------------dialup user

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Most animated gifs are much larger, smartypants. :p

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
These Tit avatars are cool. If there are any females in the forum that may take offence to it, maybe they should be toned down.
I'm pretty sure in the past weeks it was mentioned that we are trying to keep this,the best forum on the web, classy(unlike supraforums) :?

I just wondering if this applied to the avatar's as well.

They don't offend me but my wife made a remark about them. She's just as much into supras as i am. ANd she does brouse this forum from time to time.

Later

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
lil'devil said:
These Tit avatars are cool. If there are any females in the forum that may take offence to it, maybe they should be toned down.
I'm pretty sure in the past weeks it was mentioned that we are trying to keep this,the best forum on the web, classy(unlike supraforums) :?

I just wondering if this applied to the avatar's as well.

They don't offend me but my wife made a remark about them. She's just as much into supras as i am. ANd she does brouse this forum from time to time.

Later
You know what, your right lil'devil I took mine down now cuz I dont want any of you getting in trouble over them hoo hoo's. :wink: :p

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
awww BOOO, all guys like bewbs, and who said being a guy is "classy"? heh, I take no offense to anything on here, only attacks on my babies ( cars )

But you're very respectful Zank, hope you find something more fitting for yourself k

BOINK!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
[/quote]

You know what, your right lil'devil I took mine down now cuz I dont want any of you getting in trouble over them hoo hoo's. :wink: :p[/quote]

Hoo hoo's :rotfl: :rockon: are great but I can't stop laughing everytime I see your avatar. It's almost as funny as "Put your seat belt on...I'm going to try something!" That still gets me everytime! :clap:

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What boobs? It's just a young lady running, never seen that before?

Actually the reason I asked about the larger size file was to put one up of my car that is animated.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
quick said:
But the pic in your signature is huge!!!! I once again vote to ban pictures in signatures and to raise the size limit on the icons, theres no need to have 2 pictures everytime you post.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraWes said:
quick said:
But the pic in your signature is huge!!!! I once again vote to ban pictures in signatures and to raise the size limit on the icons, theres no need to have 2 pictures everytime you post.
Good lord. I just added that pic to my signature on Monday of this past week since I noticed that Malloy and Sidman both had. I didn't have a pic for months.

Since when is 25Kbytes large anyway?

It's clear that we can't make everyone happy. I'm going to keep my signature pic. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
quick said:
SupraWes said:
quick said:
Good lord. I just added that pic to my signature on Monday of this past week since I noticed that Malloy and Sidman both had. I didn't have a pic for months.

Since when is 25Kbytes large anyway?

It's clear that we can't make everyone happy. I'm going to keep my signature pic. Have a nice day.
Hey quick you for got the :suicide: after the Have a nice day :lol:
BTW your Sig pic :rockon:

·
Registered
279 Posts
SupraWes said:
But the pic in your signature is huge!!!! I once again vote to ban pictures in signatures
instead of banning pictures in our sigs, one of the moderators should impose limits on the size of the pics in our sigs. at another forum i visit, signature rules have been put into place.

here are the rules that were made up for that specific forum:

- There are 2 images allowed per signature.
- The combined width x height of the two images must be less than 500*150
- If you have an all-text signature, you may have no more than 6 lines of normal-sized text. Normal sized means no size tags used.
- If you have images included in your signature, you may have no more than 3 lines of normal-sized text.
- Signatures images must be 30kb or less each. 20kb or less is preferred.

aaaand, the warnings, again, for that specific forum:

All users have until _____ to comply with these rules. Any who do not comply within that time will have their signatures edited. Users who fail to comply twice will be banned for a week. Any further bending of the rules will result in a ban, the length of which will be at the discretion of the admins. An admin or moderator's word is final.

just an idea :wink:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Do you guys have any idea how long it would take to research every users signature to see what's in it, verify the pixel dimensions of any images and the overall file size of the image itself?

There is no easy way to do this, trust me...it would end up being some sort of manual process looking at each one.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
StankBun said:
BTW your Sig pic :rockon:
Thanks, Zank. :) I hope to have a new one with a MkII at the track for next year. We'll see. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts