Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whos used them? ive heard good things about them. i cant decide between the metal masters and the deluxe series. im looking for opinions on either one. also, does anyone see any problems with running deluxe in the rear and metal masters up front, since i cant seem to find metal masters for the rear? i plan on running these on brembo blanks. thanks.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've never used them but I heard good things about them from the Corolla AE86 guys. Some of them also like Hawk pads. A lot of the aftermarket brake pads I found for the Supra are only available for the front, I guess its cause the front does the most braking and the rears aren't as important. I went with Brembo blanks and KVR's because they made them for the front and rear. But if I had to do it again I would probably just get Toyota OEM pads. Here's my old thread about brake pads.

·
Registered
652 Posts
i like them. the last set i had on the front last more than 12 yrs. i still had 5mm of pad material left when i replaced them a few weeks ago. good luck finding XBG aka metal master pads for the rear.

·
crashtest dummy
1,564 Posts
IMO, for the money, the PBR/ axxis Metal Masters are the best all around pads period. I've used just about everything else in the same range (KVR's, performance friction, EBC's, etc) and they seem to be the most aggressive, most fade free and last forever. I only wish they'd offer the Ultimates for the MKII (and cressida) as they really are what the name implies.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Have the Axis pads now w/ brembo rotors and stainless lines. Pretty much as good as it gets for stock braking.. Probably going to sell them soon as I am upgrading.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i have stainless lines in the garage awaiting my new brakes to be installed. also ordered 4 bradi(brembo) rotors and axxis metal master fronts and axxis deluxe rears. should be a good set up for now, at least until i get a set of cressida calipers and hubs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts