Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the hood emblems and the B-Pillar emblems? While the ones that are on the Blackpra are mint... I have some betters ones that I would rather replace them with..

Also.. anyone know of a source for the Celica XX hatch decals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,445 Posts
Bob,

Someone is already checking into the CelicaXX hatch sticker. There was a thread recently within the last 2 days... Time to use that search function.

Nose badge: VERY CAREFULLY with a flatblade screwdriver... it can be pry'd off..

B-pillar badge: Pretty easy to do, but it's a tiny bit more involved.

1. Undo giant bolt where the seatbelt is attached to the b-pillar. Can't remember the socket size needed. 90% of the time it loosens, the other 10% it's on rediculously TIGHT!!!
2. Small screw to undo on the trim piece where the belt goes behind the side panel.
3. Pry off/slide off plastic interior panel for b-pillar.
4. Using a deep 8mm socket, loosen the 2 nuts that fasten the black trim piece to the b-pillar.
5. Pry trim piece off b-pillar.
6. Look behind the trim piece, it's held onto a metal bracket via several round clips. You only need to remove the 2 bottom ones via flablade screwdriver.
7. Gently lift off metal bracket. You'll notice that the small badge is held in place by 2 tabs. Pry them up & carefully push the badge out of the black trim piece.
8. Assembly is the reverse.... :D

Have fun.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,621 Posts
And don't drop either of the 8mm nuts in the quarter panel either. Trust me you'll never find them again :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CJSREDPRA said:
Bob,

Someone is already checking into the CelicaXX hatch sticker. There was a thread recently within the last 2 days... Time to use that search function.
Chris,

Thanks for the info! It will certainly come to good use this weekend. Sorry bout the repeat question... it was kinda something that just popped into my head as I was posting bout the badges and it just sorta came out. :oops: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm Not Greg.. LOL. Mike Gave me a full set of Celica XX Badges. I put the side ones on already (Chris Eng was on the money with his instructions, as usual!).. but I really can't bring myself to replace the nose badge... So I think its gonna stay as is :) All in all Greg, I think you'll be pleased when ya see the car. About Half of what Mike gave me from the parts closet is on now, and the other half should be on soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
What's so mportant about the celicaxx emblems.. I'd much rather find a set that says SUPRA only.

I've always considered the mkII more of a Supra rather than a Celica.

This is an idea For a new post.

Later
mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,284 Posts
Mark, I for one (having XX badges) its for being unique, along with Leslie's 2.8GT grill emblem, rear vents and an '86.

For us old schoolers similar to putting on (JDM) yellow turn signal lenses on the back of your 510. It must be about something coming from where the MK2 was born :wink:

The SUPRA only emblems are really rare!!


lil'devil said:
What's so mportant about the celicaxx emblems. I'd much rather find a set that says SUPRA only.
I've always considered the mkII more of a Supra rather than a Celica.
This is an idea For a new post.
Later
mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,284 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top