Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
What exactly is your question? "I really don't know what to do" is kind of vauge.
Do you want oppinions on how long it will still be driveable?
Do you want step by step instructions on how to change it?
or was that just a plea for parts offers?

Mine was rusted completely through. It was so bad that it leaned to the right and could barely be driven onto the trailer by the guy that sold it to me (for $300.00). Moonpie's replacement arm will probably be the easiest solution. However, eventually you will need to remove it from your vehicle and replace it... how do you feel about doing that??

Please don't take this as being mean and negative, I am just curious on where you want this to go. Perhaps more will follow in the next few days, I will wait and watch this thread. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
im wondering how long i can drive it
or if i can weld it or fill it with something
thanks
that really depends. theres really no way to know when something like that is going to break. use your best judgement, or post some pics here so we can see how bad it is. just understand with rust or damage on major components like that, your on borrowed time.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Remember what Neil Young said... "Rust Never Sleeps"

If you weld a patch around the hole it should hold up for a while, but remember it will still be "weaker" due to the original hole and the heat of welding. And as Dannymk2 said you can never be sure when, or if, it will let go, but you can bet when ever it is...it will be at one of the worst possible times, that's just how Supras work. Truthfully it wasn't all that hard of a task to replace it, but I didn't get it checked for correct allignment yet either, it still has other issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts