Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
thanks Mark...i figured it would be more. I did order a battery kit with the above list I posted at my local stealership. I did pick it up from toyota yesterday. I get a pretty deep discount from them and I paid about what youre offering them for..maybe a dollar or 2 less but close enough to realize youre doing us all a huge favor. thanks for that.

on a side note...i think that battery tray is pretty common on other yota's if you want to look into it. If im wrong please let me know. but im sure its the top bracket and the j-bolt that supply is running short on.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Another reason for battery hold-downs is to keep the battery from bouncing around. Batteries are made-up of a series of plates spaced next to each other in a solution. If these plates bend and touch the plate next to them (short) it basically kills that section of the battery which reduces the capacity. (of the battery).

Short version: You don't want your battery bouncing around - the plates will bend, and short, and eventually kill the battery.
makes sense as a way of preserving battery function

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
It's not that they've stopped making them, cause they always seem to have more coming from Japan. The problem is that they only bring a couple of them over at a time (because demand hasn't been fantastic for many years). If I order 30, I take all the in stock inventory in the States (about 6-7 usually) and they cancel all the rest. So I have to order them two or three at a time to make sure they keep shipping them.

Danny, those cheap red coated battery hold down brackets suck...and last a couple months before the plastic coating starts coming off them. No offense, but the Toyota bracket fits PERFECT if using the correct height group 27F or 24F battery and the Toyota J-bolt. It's a no brainer for $18.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts