Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
4,267 Posts
yes, i CAN get them from you, but what happens if i break one or have an accident?

id prefer to find something NADM avaliable just for that reason. the way assholes around here drive, i cringe at the thought of just getting a paintjob, never mind doing unique, hard to repair mods to my car.

· Supra since '86
5,406 Posts
dogstar said:
yes, i CAN get them from you, but what happens if i break one or have an accident?

id prefer to find something NADM avaliable just for that reason. the way assholes around here drive, i cringe at the thought of just getting a paintjob, never mind doing unique, hard to repair mods to my car.
Order a second set for spares. Anyway it would be really hard to damage these parts. You could always remove them from damaged parts.

You could possibly go Z32 hubs in the front and just get two sets of rear stubs from Michael.

Here is another aproach that I'm working on for the front. These parts are readily available in North America, but require some machining. Still trying to figure things out.

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
dogstar said:

I understand, but when was the last time you or anyone damaged a hub/stub axle without absolutely killing a car ?

No problems, I'm gonna be here for a while

Michael B

· Registered
867 Posts
Very nice supra man i know every one is going to say what an idiot but those taillights on your supra are nothing like the ones we got stateside how hard would it be for me to get a set.

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the pics bbaacchhyy! It looks like this may be the 'easiest' option available yet, and I have to agree with you:

bbaacchhyy said:
when was the last time you or anyone damaged a hub/stub axle without absolutely killing a car ?
I'm about 6-8 months away from doing a 5-lug conversion, so I'm hoping you'll still be able to source them for me then. :)

· Registered
29 Posts
Hi Michael,

Nice work on the mods mate .. very nice indeed. Just a question if you don't mind. Bout how much was the auto to manual conversion ?? Reason I ask is that there seems to be a tidy auto available in Sydney and if the conversion is worth while I may go for it.

Cheers,
Adam.

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
BBSupramk2 said:
Very nice supra man i know every one is going to say what an idiot but those taillights on your supra are nothing like the ones we got stateside how hard would it be for me to get a set.
I guess it shouldn't be too hard, it is just a atter of how much you are prepared to pay for shipping and purchase.

PM me with some details and I'll see what i can do !!!

jryanx, No problems, just dro[p me a line when you are ready !!!

brann, About $500 for the gearbox and pedals, $400 for the flywheel and clutch etc, $30 for the filler and drain plugs, $160 for the tailshaft change, $30 for the gearbox mount, and a bit of rooting around in terms of labour. Oh, and $14 for the flywheel bolts

Cheers

Michael B

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well after a lot longer than it should have taken, the I/C piping is just about there. The last bit will get tacked this afternoon, pick up a little more gay blue silicone hose, a final test fit, and then out it comes to be fuilly welded, cleaned and powder-coated.

Other decisions are that the stereo will go as part of the weight saving program (will be posted in For Sale section once I get pics), I have sourced a plumb back ARC BOV (thank's to Scott's mate Brad), the 3 HKS Guages (electronic EGT & Boost, and mechanical Oil P) will be mounted where the stereo goes, the new alloy radiator (Ex-V8Supercar) and EL Thermofans to be fitted, new carpet to be installed and then it should be ready.

Stand by for some more pics when I get my shite in a pile :D

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well, the saga continues...

Even though the car is not yet moving under it's own steam, I have always harboured thoughts about the mismatch in the size of the 300ZX/R32 caliper and the WRX STi discs, so I set about sourcing some Mitsi Evo ones to maybe match the HSV Front discs that I sourced.

Well guess what landed on the doorstep on Friday...

In their sexy blue livery next to a 4" disc for comparison....

On the STi discs compared to the 300ZX jobbies...

On the HSV discs from the Coupe 4/Avalanche/XUV... (336 x 32mm)

The big question, is should I put them on..... :roll:

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Here is a shrunk pic from one of the guys on SupraMania

The IC Pipes are in the process of getting fully welded at the moment !!!

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Some more progress at last.

The IC pipes are ready to be picked up from being welded, as is the IC. After a test fit and some pics, I'll get the pipes sandblasted and powdercoated, and then mount it and the oil cooler.

The gauges are mounted in a panel, but need some tidying up before bing finalised.

The other thing to happen is the purchase of an ex-V8Supercar alloy radiator that will soon adone the front of the car.

It is a dual pass unit that is 780 x 370mm, and dare I say it from a Ford (hack, cough splutter), and all that is required is a bit of fin straightening, weld on a filler neck and then some mount for the car and the EL thermofans, and it should actually be ready to run for a change ....

Stand by for some pics soon

· Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Michael, if you search for Mike Webbers for sale post for his 7mgte'd mk2, you'll see pics and some info on a chevy rad that he adapted. All he had to do was rig together some hoses and make some mounts, no modding to the rad was necesary. Might be a better option for you.

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks for the tip, but the rad is already on the way.

One of the prime drivers for this was that it is alloy, it is heaps cheaper (AUD $300 - about USD $225), it is dual pass, and will accomodate the factory thermofans really well. If it can cool a 700hp V8, it should be Ok on the MA61 (as long as I make sure that the ducting/sealing is done properly)

A mate does the welding, and with the upper thermostat housing rotated, the hoses are really simple.

The only mods to the radiator are the mounts and a filler neck. You'll see when I post some pics soon !!!!

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
A little progress has been made over the last couple of weeks. The main change has been the sourcing of the radiator and getting it to fit. From the pics, you can see that even after trimming the battery tray it is a snug fit !!!

One end tank is being modified (mate will be doing metalwork and welding) and the supports will be via Mazda rubber isolators (as used on RE engined cars) and the upper thermo housing rotated to facilitate the fitting of the rad hose.

After a bit of fin straightening, it should be sweet.

For those techo peoples, the core is 730mm wide x 370mm high x 60mm thick. The core is made up of dual row of 27mm wide dimpled tubes and is PWR core. The rad is configured as a dual pass unit - ideal for 7M fitment.

From drivers side :

From passenger side :

Standby for some IC pics hopefully soon

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It has been quite some time since my last update, so here goes !!!

OK, here are some pics of the IC mounted and some sundry electrical work ;

1/2 way through some wire tidying - this started life as a Caprice underhood fuse block.

The upper Piping - note 2.5" to T/B - why pay $200 for an alloy one that says HKS ?

The IC nestled in it's new home ;

The routing of the pipes from the compressor to IC ;

The routing of the lower pipes from compressor to IC, and IC to T/B through the original fender hole ;

A pic of the Alloy radiator with the EL Falcon Thermo's (a bargain on eBay - brand new for $180 !!!!!) ;

And the latest bit of news from today (10th June)

Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaahhhhh !!!! 8O 8O

My new wheels have landed in the country. Just have to wait till my pay goes in, and they will be sent to my place.

many thanks and a big thumbs up to John from ImportBitz !!!

The specs are Rays 3-piece , 17 x 8" with a +10 offset, and heaps of caliper clearance :D :D :D :D :D

If I am lucky enough, I'll try widening the rears to 9" if I can find some outer hoops to match !!!!

· Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
SupraFiend said:
you might have trouble finding replacement lips that look like that. Rays may be your only choice. Theres a place near me, www.kodiakracingwheels.com, that makes and sells lips but they won't look like what you have.
Cheers, and I am aware of that, but sometimes, you get lucky, and there might be a pair of wheels for sale, but it is unlikley, but I'll see what I can dig out.

Is there a site for Ray's wheels that I can access some rim outers ?

Cheers

Michael B

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.