Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal or in any way necessary to put locktight on a bearing oil seal? I just anhilated the back seal on my front wheel because someone used locktight on it.. 馃槙

Also, do you think O'Riley auto parts or auto zone or something has these?

Super Moderator
No it's just a light press fit into the hole. They don't typically come out unscathed. Why don't you look on their website to see what they have in stock locally where ever you are at?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's just a light press fit into the hole. They don't typically come out unscathed. Why don't you look on their website to see what they have in stock locally where ever you are at?
It finally stopped raining for a day here in Florida! I got back to work on the car and discovered this! I'm going to grease it up and put it back together, but I feel like I should replace the whole thing in the near future. Is it a REALLY big deal or not really as long as it doesn't seem to be overheating?

Super Moderator
Uh yeah I think I'd replace that pronto that bearing race is shot. Its not a super difficult thing to replace nor that expensive.

Reactions: AJ

Registered
Yeah that is fucked. Replace the bearing including the outer race plus the seal. And clean out all the old contaminated grease and use a generous amount of new stuff.

Reactions: Tinymarth

Registered
New bearing comes with the bearing seat. Just need a punch and hammer tap it out. Replace both sets and both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts