Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a kill story, but its a story...

my car survived a couple years of pizza delivery and was a great too to get tips with...
being a small 6 cylinder... the car wasnt hard on gas at all but was fun to drive (especially when I knew I was getting paid to)
every so often when I would pull up to someones house with my car in clear view when they opened the door, I would get a compliment like "my, thats a pretty nice car to deliver pizzas in" then I figured out that If I replyed with, "thanks, I like it, and it helps get the pizza there faster" or something cheesey like that they would mention something about it looking like a gas guzzler and give me a tip to cover it.

so my point is... this proves, the mk2 looks FAST! heh

and my supra has never lost to another pizza delivery car, well except to my friend kevin's Reliant in 3 feet of snow and ice... but since his car was smoke stain yellow, and three of the 4 doors including the driver's door were stuck shut, the win was striken from the record.

and there was the issue of dale's 84 z28 camero with a 350 and 5 spd, which would smoke nearly anything that looked like it (purple, 80% bondo, no interior, *looked like 300 dollars*) in this town that he used for pizza delivery, but after careful thought and concideration... a board of experts decided his win did not count because 1) he did not make any money driving that hog... and 2) It blew up and mine is still running.

I hope this was amusing, :lol:

I might get around to posting some real kill stories once I clearly beat someone thats not driving something that has been through several stages of rust oriented weight reduction.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
No dissing K-Cars! My Grandpa's '88 Reliant K is THE terror of the neighborhood. Its smoked the following: two old ladies in a Buick Skylark Custom, an old guy in a wheelchair, Dale Earnhardt's Winston Cup car (it was parked at the time....so we'll credit the win to the K Car), some of my Hot Wheels cars, and the neighbor's '77 Camaro (its on blocks in the backyard).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it only won because its not smoke stained yellow

:D

if it is, well then its a mystery.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Brothers runs one in the local "Hornet" class on every few saturday nights.Knock the glass out,bolt a 4" bar down the drivers door,put a roll post behind the driver,paint it yellow with black or red stripes,"hence the Hornet name :roll: "Roundy-round heats on a 1/5 mile oval.Road course type main,who knows what you get for a track,3/8 of a mile or so,20-25 lap mains.Hell of a good time,usually 30-50 cars out banging on each other,maybe 2-30 car mains. 8)

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Well, the 2.2 is the same engine found in the Daytona and other Chrysler performance cars of the '80s and early '90s, so some of the K-Cars out there can be wolves in sheep's clothing. Seriously, a four door Reliant, with the right mods (meaning a 2.2 turbo, or if you're as crazy as I am, throw in a 426 Hemi) would make the ultimate sleeper.

My Grandpa's, however, has the 2.5 boat anchor...I mean engine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
heh...I have a vid of a 2 door "K-Car" drag racing an MKIV, the "K-car"'s time was [email protected] Yeah, poor MKIV didn't stand a chance. I say "K-Car" because the spooling sound it makes at the lights suggests it's not very K-carish at all. :shock:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Reminds me of something I found awhile back...
http://dodgedynasty.50megs.com/
Its basically a luxury K-car on steroids. The really funny part of this is, even though the engine can be modded (anything can be made fast, at a cost), the chassis starts shaking really badly at about 80 (my girlfriend has a 91 Dynasty LE)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I just recently convinced my friend to follow through with his dream of building a replica of the "Aires assult vehical" from GI joe... and then rally the hell out of it!

were thinkin 2.2 turbo intercooled... and a massive BOV to scare old people and children...

a k car that scares old people and children? isnt that an oxymoron?

and im talkin' exact replica... it may take some alternative materials, (tape, cardboard, paint pens) but im sure it would be worth it. he just needs to find a Dodge Aries now... I say "he needs to" because im not stupid enough to fund this operation. :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
8,533 Posts
Does anybody ever watch the show Dream Car Garage? I remember a couple of years ago for their featured car they had a mid 80's Reliant with a 440 V8 all pro streeted with tubs, big slicks, and a big wheelie bar. At the end they just light the tires up on that thing (I think this is still in the intro segment on the show). When I saw that I just cracked up. Especially since my grandmother is the orginal owner of a stripper Dodge Aries (only has like 90k miles). That Dodge my grandmother has is such a POS. The thing is so cheap it only has a one speaker AM radio. The thing tops out at about 80mph (and takes forever to get there).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anything can be made fast - when we were kids a buddy of mine put a 383 into a Vauxhaul Viva - this thing would stand up for the whole eighth mile. I'd be pretty upset if a K car beat me.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
the 2.5 and 2.2 turbo dodges can be deadly for little to no cash (I would know).

A TII (read: 7-10psi intercooled), with very minor midofications will easily see 20+psi all day long. Dodge built the bottom end on those cars to be rock-fucking-solid.

http://www.thedodgegarage.com

this guy has the fastest k car - IN THE WORLD! 10.43 or 10.41, i don't remember. And it's a 2.2/2.5L block - no fanciness here. 30 something psi though...

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I can only imagine the MK IV's owner later that evening...

"I got beaten... I got beaten by a K Car... A Reliant K Car..."

"Sir, the speedway is closing for the night, you'll have to go home now."

"I got beaten by a Reliant K Car..."

"That happens alot around here... you really should get a MK II. See, he's got an '85 Reliant, and if you're gonna beat him, you're gonna need an '85. Since you've already got a Supra, why not get an '85 MK II and go from there?"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts