Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Best place to buy Brembo rotors

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SlimFastSupra 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Where is the best place to get Brembo brakes? I've heard that Brembo makes the best OEM replacement. I haven't had much success trying to find places that can order them... online or offline :(
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I can't find brembos, what is the next best alternative?

Thank you in advance for your help.

#2 ·
im looking for brembo rotors too, but i cant find them in town, guess ill have to pay out the nose in american dollars :?

#4 ·
Guys, check www.cyberauto.com

Chris Myers is the owner who sponsors the Toy Mods list. He has a product listing just for MK2s!!!

#7 ·
they arent remanufactured, and they are very high quality.

lots of the cheap rotors out there use poorer quality metal and will warp faster, because they dont shed heat as well as they could.

im not sure if there are any dimensional differences, but i remember a debate between a bunch of guys who worked on formula fords... they all agreed brembo were among the best oem brakes, and for that matter aftermarket, but they all disagreed on why they were the best.

i figure guys who build those lil formula cars have a pretty good idea of what theyre talking about, cause those things haul.

#8 ·
That's also why you can find Brembo rotors on the new Nissan 350Z Track model, and also why Ferrari uses them. Brembo is pretty good stuff, if you can get it at a decent price.

From what I understand, KVR makes pretty decent rotors & pads too.

#10 ·
turbosupra0101 said:
Where they at any point cross or sloted rotors???
Not sure that I understand what you're asking, but Brembo rotors come in standard, cross drilled and slotted. I was unable to find anything but the standard rotors for our cars on the Tire Rack site, but I know the slotted and cross drilled ones ARE available.

You just need to get on a search engine and do some looking around.

#12 ·
turbosupra0101 said:
Thats going to be a bit hard :?
www.google.com

www.altavista.com

www.yahoo.com

www.lycos.com

www.hotbot.com

Trust me....I could do it. In fact, I have done it. Look for dealers selling Brembo products.

Crack open your phone book, look in automotive section for places who do brake work - I'll bet there is at least one shop in Los Angeles that sells the Brembo brand...they could probably order it for you.

#13 ·
I searched online for awhile...

I couldn't find anyone who could beat Tireracks price.
$210 (US) for front and rear. Front rotors are vented too :)

Just ordered mine. I'll update this post later when I get my goods.

Thanx SilverMk2!

#14 ·
I have Brembo slotted rotors on my car, but they were custom slotted by a company in the SoCal area, but can't seem to find the damned paperwork since I've moved! I also had them cad plated, but if I were to do it again, I'd leave the cad plating off. Of course, if you live in a salted-roads area and you drive your supra during winter, you may want to get it plated so the vent area doesn't rust...
Brakes work extremely well for not being oversized. The stock pads/rotors are marginal at best, but there's a big difference on brake fade and pedal feel with Brembos and Porterfield pads. If you have the extra cash, get the ss brake lines too, you'll have a much harder pedal to go with the new brakes!

#16 ·
Hey everyone... here's your chance to save some money. I emailed CyberAuto Sales a few days ago and they emailed me back with this...

Craig,
We can assist you with your quest. There are actually two rotor companies I can get the rotors from, Brembo and Eurorotor. Each is equal to, or exceeds OE specifications. If you want the Brembo rotors, please make sure you specify this. The part number would be the same for either Brembo or Eurorotor, and the price is the same too. You will order
TO-608 for the fronts, and TO-621 for the
rears. Also please make sure you request "blanks", and
not cross drilled or slotted. The front rotors, part# TO-608, list
for $34.95, and we sell them for $31.46 each. The rear
rotors, part# TO-621, list for $63.25 each, we sell them $56.92
each. You mentioned rotors, do you need pads as well?

It will take us 72 hours to process them and 7 to 10 business days for you to get them by ground freight. The total for the four rotors is $176.76. Freight charges are $24.95, so the total cost delivered to your door would be $201.71. There are quicker freight options at increased expense.
Thanks for inquiring into brake rotors for your 1982 Supra. I hope this is helpful! Please write back if you have other questions on these or any other products. When you're ready to order just visit our online ordering form at http://www.cyberauto.com or call us and we'll get your product on its way.
NOTE: Shipping price was for my zip code, so it will most likely vary.

#17 ·
first, be sure u need rears. i bought 4 brembos and rears are sitting
in my mk2 warehouse in basement. fronts wear faster. brembos
warp less cause they leave them in mold lots longer to cool slowlyso there's less/no internal stress as in cheapos. i'd get the brembos
unless many other peeps say eurorotor's as good. also, extremely
important, make sure that the 4 disc mounting bolts are torqued
evenly to 48 ft-lb as i remember otherwise they will warp under
hard braking. also, good idea to torque lug nuts correctly 1,3,2,4
and all the same torque between 70-90 ft-lbs as i remember
(i do 80). last, u should bed in new pads with old rotor and new rotor with old pads. each mfg has own reccomendation. basically 5 or
6 stops quickly in succesion (30 mph to 5 mph says KVR pad mfg) to heat pads and rotors and then park car w/o parking brake for an hour
and stay out of car so u don't press brake pedal.

long live your rotors!

StanS

#18 ·
It looks like cyber is just a little cheaper than tire rack

#19 ·
Back a couple of years ago when we did the last group buy on Brembo's. I received Eurorotors. When I questioned why, the response I got was similar to the one you got. Although, it seems to me that they told me they are exactly the same and actually made by the same company. Don't know if that is true or not.

I have had the Eurorotors on for a couple of years and I have ablsolutely no complaints at all.

Leslie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.