Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow,
wife told me she needs new tires on her Tacoma :ugh: after a little digging for a receipt from purchase in 2004, found out they went 72,000 miles

They still roll good and have some tread left, but have a bit of dry cracking in the tread....time for new ones I would say !!

Can't imagine changing brands with that kind of mileage, guess its off to discount.

Anyone have a preference for light truck tires, I kind of want to get away from an A/T Tire......truck will never see a trail, the A/T's might rob a bit of MPG

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
We have run Michelins over 100k. Michelin makes/owns BFG though so it's all in the family :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My BFG's got about 160 K Kms on my rav4 so that's about 100K miles. Still abit of tread left but they are pretty rough going. They were new in the fall of '03. The con's are that they suck ass in the snow.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
usually long treadlife is related to the compound's hardness and that has a lot to do with overall grip, and how the tire can conform to surfaces in cold temperatures.

It depends on your climate, I suppose. I had high-treadlife tires on the supra and they were downright scary when it was cold out, especially when wet. Depending on how long you want to keep the truck, there may be better tires out there for your needs.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have good winter tires on other rims I use. I only tried the first couple of winters when they were almost new and it was pretty scary. The hard rubber does seem to last a super long time!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I have good winter tires on other rims I use. I only tried the first couple of winters when they were almost new and it was pretty scary. The hard rubber does seem to last a super long time!
heck yes, winter tires are the only way to go in our climate.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I've read on other Toyota truck forums that people like the Nitto Terra Grapplers. The BFG A/T isn't a very good tire at all in the wet/snow. It just depends on the climate you drive in, and what the truck is used for.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I use Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S's and I love them. Great in the snow, not a lot of highway noise, good on the trail. I have 40k on mine and still half tread life, no cracking.

BFG's are my 2nd choice of tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts