Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on my way over to renots house to feed the cat while him and wifey are on their honeymoon and getting on the interchange the 83 just lost power and started acting stupid..:ugh:I knew what that faitfull sound was...:eekfacepalm: BHG!! I limped it to my other friends house and started the tear down last night..Well apearently i have blown the head gasket across 4 of 6 cylinders..:rolleyes:No water or oil jackets were affected luckily..Its a waiting game now for the gasket set.. Just thought i would share my weekend of fun ahead..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
At least you caught it quick and stopped driving the car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up date!!:laugh: Well got her all finished up today and i have to say i am proud that she still lives..The headgasket wasnt just blown, It was totally F'D!!! It was blown across all 4 middle cylinders..There was a 3/4" to 1"gap in between 3 and 4 and was almost burnt all the way through on the others aswell!!..:ugh::eekfacepalm: Luckily it did not interfear with any of the water or oil jackets so nothing got mixed up.. There might has well have been no valve seals they were completly shot.. Tons of carbon and such on the back of the valves.. I soaked every piece in the parts washer for 2 days and then cleaned everything up with a wire wheel and some 220 sandpaper.. So she got her a full detail and gasket set throughout..I have to do some repainting soon but she runs just great.. I got some crappy cell pics but ill put them up later..:zzzzz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts