Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So reading the wonderful brake conversion for the last few years, I wanted to go the biggest possible upgrade. Reason why I'm posting a new thread is because the conversion is complete and we wanted to modify the least.
But my question is why if I want really big brakes!!!
If I go stop tech 4 pots from a 95' 240sx with 332mm rotors. Will it work? What do I need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So hypothetically speaking, the big brake kit from stoptech for a s14 would work then

·
Registered
484 Posts
If I go stop tech 4 pots from a 95' 240sx with 332mm rotors. Will it work? What do I need to do?
Take some measurements, call Stoptech. They will do all the work for you and you'll be guaranteed success (or at least not spending $$$ for nothing).

I'd be interested to see if T3's "Big Daddy" front brake kit for the AE86 would work, as another alternative.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy knows one of the engineers from there, I don't recall which side of stoptech... But I could try and give him some stuff. What numbers are the most important? Should I just tell him the basics? Caliper bolt offset, hub OD, rotor height?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I can't imagine needing more brake than the ZX300 calipers and MPV rotors, especially on the street. If your goal is to have the largest brakes for show then go big, but if you only need stopping power the Z32/MPV setup is powerful for cheap money.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess I just wanted options. Something we can just buy from a kit. Instead of piecing it together.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I completely understand. I installed a Wilwood kit on an Acura Integra and it was nice to know that the entire set-up was engineered to work together. The brake thread is a great resource - the Nissan/MPV set-up is a direct bolt on with 240sx brake lines and provides all the power I need in my race car. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
The MPV setup is honestly not that hard. If someone sold the centering rings and a jig for drilling rotors it would sell well i think. Toss in a jig you can borrow/buy to grind your hub down decently and that is about all you need. The rest can be bought at rockauto, and SS lines can be had from nissan performance shops.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
The Brembo upgrade is probably the biggest best bang for the buck. No brackets required means a cleaner more factory like install which is also plug and play. Especially if the conversion includes a 5 bolt swap.

The front Brembo calipers whether from a Skyline, 350Z or G35 are very easy to get here in Canada at many JDM import places. I purchase a set of used front Skyline calipers in very good shape from a JDM shop in Mississauga and they were not very expensive.

Disc Brake Australia does do business in the US and the Falcon discs can be purchased through them. They were happy to do it in the past. Possibly we could do a group buy if enough people are interested. I would be interested in getting two to three sets.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I came into some 4 pot GT brembos from a MK3 Jetta. Now I just need brackets made I will post up pics tomorrow

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Finally got to taking these pics! Why you guys think? Just go get a bracket made? What disc should I use?! So many questions!! Lol

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts

Finally got to taking these pics! Why you guys think? Just go get a bracket made? What disc should I use?! So many questions!! Lol

If anyone is considering to use a caliper that requires brackets to be mounted on our struts this is the best way to go. Radial mount calipers.

What year car did these come off of and were they stock?

The first thing you need to do is find out what disk was used with these calipers. Then design a bracket to fit the two on the ma6x strut. Or find a disk that the same diameter and better offset for the ma6x strut and then design a bracket.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll ask what kit was, I know it was in his MK3 VW. I'll post info as I find it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Disc was a 313x28 don't have any info on the calipers but I did find the kit online!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These calipers use a 28mm disc... what rotor would I use? I think the 350z brembos use a 30mm. I'm stuck again I might have to give these up. I've been calling Ceika to see if they can make a kit

1 - 20 of 62 Posts