Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"This video is nearly as good for the commentary and mis-shift alone.

A: Donnie's car has a big turbo, and it makes cool noises and goes fast (clutch/spool/traction limited)
B: I am absolutely amazed, and mis-shift 4th shortly into my third lap :sadbanana:
C: "I would love for my car to have this kind of... go. I would die... but..."
D: "If this thing spooled quicker, had brakes, and any manner of tire... it would be ridiculous."

Watch for more...

--billyM

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
this thing looks entertaining to drive.

you guys need to go to a track day when it's not raining!

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have seen the brakes SMOKING at all four corners after the recorded session. Had it been dry and that clutch/tires combo held the power, the brakes would have given up the ghost in three laps.

--billyM

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
IIRC, it's a T61 based turbo?

Anyways, sounds just like mine with the vented WG. Someday, I gotta give RR a shot!
yes sir, with an on-center .96 a/r turbine housing:SM130 (1):

the track day was a blast.........highly recommended

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mk2 Gold: http://vimeo.com/7424911

Wade, imagine that rush you get from romping on it from 40-110mph.... for 20-30minutes straight. Plus you're given a freedom you'll never seen on the street. There were times I was north of 90mph, just wagging the tail down the back stretch wide open, safe with the knowledge of run-off if needed. It isn't too awful hard on the car, and even considering tires, brakes, gas, and entry fee, it's still alot cheaper than getting a ticket for doing 110mph on the street.

Donnie, any luck sourcing a smaller AR? I'm going to try and have a set of race slicks next time for everyone to take laps on, and I'm keeping my eyes out for some Q45's for you too...

--billyM

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Yea man. Need some real brakes along with wheels and tires. Don't have the $ for it. Maybe next summer.

BTW, your unorthodox shifting style makes me itch.. I like to stir that fuckin' box, match reving and using more compression. But what do i know having never road raced lol.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Wade, you have to make the March track day. You will have no better chance to do 10 consecutive 1/2 mile pulls:thumbsup:. Your car should be 130+ at end of straight.:zzzzz: Jeez, Billy, I feel like I should be ridin a 10 speed, spreading the good word.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts