Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ukelay, the rain wasn't bad. It made a 300hp car feel like a 500hp car, nothing like breaking loose all the way up to 100mph and praying that you can get it slowed down in time for exercising the adrenal glands.

Greg, never been into drugs, but I think I can imagine what it feels like at this point. I'm friggin hooked and the worst part is I feel like a "pusher", trying to get everyone I know to come experience it. The heck with shipping your car to Cali, ship yourself down here for the next one! It won't be chock-full of exotics like you're used to, but hours upon hours of track-time in turbo mk2's that you can push as hard as you want is worth it.

Russ, the rain wasn't half bad. Overlaying is a pain, but I love it. My next step is to get a race recorder/lap timer and get that data up there too.

Don't worry guys, LOTS more video coming, helmet-cam, outside the car looking in, inside the car looking in, track-side down the back straight, tail-out antics, holy shit brake lockup's, mike driving my car, me driving donnie's car, and another 5 minutes or so of hardcore data-overlay video.

Everyone, know this wouldn't be possible without the help of a GREAT vendor and GoPro reseller talking me into this rig. I'm TRULY looking forward to the hi-def go-pro, as well, to put out some remarkable video from future events. These cars have great capabilities, and it's time we put some proof in this pudding.

--BillyM

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I CANTS SEE SHIT !!! do i need any kind of program for that aplicattion?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Looked like fun Billy! Good driving and great video, that's still gotta break your heart a little when it rains on the day you plan to play.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I HAVE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO FROM MY HOUSE, creapy speaker from computer work cant hear, nice billy !!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sweet ride and video! Thanks for posting. If you don't mind let me know when your next track day is. If you don't mind I'd love to come down and watch. I've been doing the autox but a parking lot is still a parking lot... :(

James

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, armin, get past the crack man, move on with your life! GET YOUR CAR UP HERE AND RACE WITH US YOU HIPPY!

Eric, it was somewhat disheartening after all the work put into getting the car ready, driving down there, getting a room, to wake up to a friggin downpour. ...but still one of the top three most fun things I've ever done.

James, for-sure. Let me know about upcoming autox's and I might slap some r-compounds on and come lay some smack down.

--billyM

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I gots all my parts back. I've been pulling parts off my old motor, intake is off and manifold/turbo assembly is coming off tonight. Then if I have time the motor is coming out tonight as well. I want to have all of my parts ready before I wash the coating off of my newly machined parts.

Also it seems I'll be having a 1JZ harness (not stretched) for sale soon :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts