Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for yet another awesome video Billy, and sweet driving. That looks like fun. That really inspires me to make my MKII the best it can be.

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all innovate datalogs, played back and screen captured. Then the videos are overlayed in windows movie maker. ...takes about three clicks once you have the datalog replay recorded.

Those real-time overlay devices start at ~$1,500...

--billyM

·
Registered
855 Posts
That is really cool.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sweeettt Billy
Looks like a fun timee
im going to have to try it sometime
*if car runs* =[

·
Registered
144 Posts
two thmbs up

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rusty, I log with my Innovate LC1 and SSI4, all I do then is use a screen-capture software to make a video of the gauges during replay once I get home (With a black background). I overlay the gauges overtop the race video, and the overlay effect knocks out the black background leaving video plus gauges. Tada!

The best part is, it's done with ~$275 worth of dataglogging hardware which you need anyways, and a cheap $150 camera, yet looks better than folks who spend $2k on integrated video capture and data overlay systems.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the videos thus-far. To-come, we have JohnB driving JohnB's car with an interior view, me driving (holding on and screaming like a girl, more like) Donnie's beast, and mike getting his hit of boost in my brown car. Additionally, I have some outside stationary video of Donnie's car scaring women and children down the back stretch, and John navigating around the track like an old pro.
--billyM

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
how is the 'head cam' footage looking? also, i see your hood floats like mine; time to get those FnF hood pins like the pros

·
Registered
839 Posts
Love the vids, Billy. One thing though, how come the volume is always super quiet(at least for me it is)?

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Donnie, the helmet vids look great, convey MUCH more feeling of the speed of the car and what it takes to keep it going straight. I'll have them all up sometime this week.

Because it is in a polycarbonate case that's so sealed up, it's waterproof to 100ft. I generally remove the lens or the rear seal to allow more sound in, but it was raining that day and I didn't want to risk it.

--billyM

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gotchya. They should make a wireless microphone set for it that you could mount in various places arround the car. That would be tits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts