Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Birthday gift for my gf?

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  rt36 
#1 ·
Okay so my girl friend's birthday is in a week and I was wondering if any of you guys/girls have any unique gift ideas. I'm looking for a gift around $150-$300. She's turning 20, loves 80's music, works in the parade at Disneyland, drives a later model Mini Cooper, and she small (to give you an idea of her).

I was thinking of getting her an iPod ready head-unit that flows nicely with her Mini, but that's a difficult find. She already has an aftermarket deck with a minijack input, so it's not a "must have".
I guess I'm just curious if you guys have any cool ideas.

#2 ·
150-300 can get a nice peice of jewlery, and women love jewlery. Though not to unique.

I once got a leapord frog for one of my gf's and she loved it. Aquarium and all. Not knowing your relationship status. Its not as big of a comittment as a dog.

#6 ·
Gift card to the local mall, after all girls do love to shop, and in my point of view, if she is just a friend? why jewelry? i think that's something you get for your loved one.

#8 ·
he did say girl friend. i hope he loves her some what. you would be better off spending $50 on something that you really put time and thought into rather then giving her $300 to spend. she will appreciate it more. and if she doesnt, well you should really re think this girl.

#10 ·
Okay, um, definitely not to the gift card idea, it is thoughtless. The Day Spa idea is not bad, I know I would love something like that. Why not save the awesome expensive gift idea for her 21st? IMO 20 isn't that big of a deal anyway, and You would do totally fine doing flowers and taking her to a nice dinner at someplace really rad like the Cheesecake Factory or something and just showing that you remember and actually care.

#12 ·
oooh, i did not see the gf part lol, keep it old school man, do something you would do when you were in the 9th grade, movies, walk in the park? dinner, etc etc, girls love romantic shiz, if she likes sushi than there ya go, sushi can be really fun, and at the end of the night pop out that bling bling. lol

#16 ·
I agree on the hotel thing me and the wife have been married 6 years and that still goes over well if your in the phase of your relation ship. If not then a nice semi long romantic night ending with either a movie on the coach or a new at least semi romantic movie at the theaters.

#18 ·
The dinner idea I like; did that for my girl and she loved it. Specially the part when the waiters and waitresses brought over a nice cake and sung happy birthday to her. Of course, you do have to ask them for it. (Don't let her see you doing it either lol)

#19 ·
its not always about what you get them. if you show that you put time and thought into things, it goes wayyyy farther in their book. do you live together? if not, show up with roses ($60). take her to the nice restaurant around; i.e. Olive Garden or something of that nature (no more than$60). then, if shes a movie girl, do a movie (dear john just came out. tickets and junk= $30 max), and if shes not, take her on a ride to the top of a hill and look at the city (at night of course). they love that shit. trust me. just spending time with you on her birthday is what she really wants. the rest is just bonus

#24 ·
Ohh man... So many ideas!
Haha
Once I get home I'll need to go through them all and see what's the best for her.
And btw, we don't live together. She lives in Covina, about 20 min away from me.
I wanted to take her to dinner myself, but her parents asked her first, so I'm tagging along with them.
I'll see if she wants to see a movie, and maybe find a fancy place for desert after.

#28 ·
1. Cut a hole in a box...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.