Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an renowned engine builder has qouted us 900 for a race built head...
it included a 1mm oversize intak and exhaust valves, a 3angle race valve job and a race port... flow is tested by a bench flow test per cylinder. New valve springs and retainers are also included.

I have seen him did heads for mostly 2.2L 2.4L 4 cylinder heads for turbochage MOPAR and also 4G63 heads for turbocharged mitsus...

So What do you think of this deal... the whole packege for 900 bucks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's a lot, but most of it is coming from the proper over-boring of the valves and then flow matching each cylinder. What exactly do you mean by "3-angle race valve job and a race port".

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
DriftMe said:
That's a lot, but most of it is coming from the proper over-boring of the valves and then flow matching each cylinder. What exactly do you mean by "3-angle race valve job and a race port".
:werd:
sounds like a regular Port and Polish with 3-angle valve job to me :?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, I'll paraphrase someone I know, "anyone can go spend a few hours playing with a Dremel and call it a port job". Meaning, there is a big difference between the quality of the job based on who you take it to

·
Registered
733 Posts
I will sell you a complete built head. All new valves, guides, lifters, followers, cams. Port and polish, shaved, three angle for half that price.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zankone said:
DriftMe said:
:werd:
sounds like a regular Port and Polish with 3-angle valve job to me :?
he said it basically includes back cutting, undercutting and cleaning of the bowl extrude honing the runners and match portting everything.

this head includes a new set of Stainless steel valves... intake and exhaust.. and both are 1mm oversize...

I will ask the guy some more information about the race valve job and race port...

·
Registered
733 Posts
New stock cams. I am converting to 7MGTE and want to dump the 5M stuff. $500 even and I will throw in AEM timing gears with the package.

·
Registered
85 Posts
$900 isn't bad considering the oversized SS valves, new springs and retainers and the extrude honing, with port matching. Custom machine work is never cheap, and unless there is a stock app. for these OS valves they will be fairly $pendy too. William bought 1mm OS intake valves a while back. What was the $$ on them?
I'd say it' not a bad deal considering you pay $400-$500 for a head rebuild and minor port work in the bowls, new springs and retainers, and a 3 angle valve job.

Jamie

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
i got a set of 1mm oversized ss valves for my 7mgte for $180 plus shipping. they are brand new, and the quality is excellent. i showed them to dave a. and he thought it was an extrodinary deal as well. the guys price has gone up, but not much, i think $220 for a set now. im waiting to see how much the 5m valves will be when they are completed. should be much cheaper. btw, see how much that guy wants for 1mm os ss valves for the 5m. im thinking of starting the 6m soon to put the webers and whatnot on.
william

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
williamb82 said:
i got a set of 1mm oversized ss valves for my 7mgte for $180 plus shipping. they are brand new, and the quality is excellent. i showed them to dave a. and he thought it was an extrodinary deal as well. the guys price has gone up, but not much, i think $220 for a set now. im waiting to see how much the 5m valves will be when they are completed. should be much cheaper. btw, see how much that guy wants for 1mm os ss valves for the 5m. im thinking of starting the 6m soon to put the webers and whatnot on.
william
Wiliam keep me updated on those 1mm oversize stainless steel valves cause the guy who is building my friends 5M head cause about 18-22 bucks a piece. If you have stated cheaper than this then I am go for a 2 sets of this valves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts