Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm heading out about 8AM, not going to stand in line. If the number one item I want isn't available (a GPS traffic unit), I'll head home and order it online (Best Buy allows you to do that).

I'll also be getting the Bolt-out set from Sears.

Unfortunately no decent cordless impact wrenches. Pepboys has one, but not around here, and it isn't good.

So, what are the rest of you going out for?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Which bolt out set do you want? I see a stuck bolt somewhere in my crystal ball.....

I just bought the bolt remover sockets from Sears last week for the stuck 17 mil. bolts at the bottom of the strut towers. It was marked down to 14.99 from 20. These are the ones with the spiral interiors. Worked great! Broke one of the two off completely. There is another set sold at Sears that is an aftermarket brand that looked equally workable.

I should have waited to get an acetylene torch on the area. PB blaster on it for weeks. Think there's any way to drill and extract? (Sorry for the thread hijack)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
why's it gotta be BLACK friday? damn racist Corporate America :)

anyway, i'm buying toilet paper, beer, and brats (not necessarily used in that order)

and I almost forgot: Alabama vs Auburn football, so no shopping after 1:00pm for me. Biggest rival game down here in the dirty south. Unfortunately AU will get their asses handed to them :(

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
over here in houston, some folks were camping out in tents at best buy, fry's electronics, microcenter, all to just get some good deals on laptops, pc, and hdtv's...IMO, i like spending my thanksgiving with my wife in a cozy enviroment.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Today: leftovers and That 70's Show DVD-a-thon.
I HATE shopping!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
man, i didnt think of going to sears. i couldnt have bought a new toolbox that ive been wanting. oh well, guess thats means i wont be broke. just a new cellphone and plan for me. perfect day since they give good discounts on phones, waive activation fees and were giving $35 credit per line on top of that.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
TV in bedroom died a couple of weeks ago. It was a top of the line Trinitron when I bought it. Being a cheap bastard (sometimes) and with memories of a recent period of unemployment, I found a free one on Craigslist. The guy couldn't find the remote when I picked it up. Picture adjustments impossible without remote and the picture didn't compare with the Sony. I priced replacement remote controls and just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on a TV I didn't like.

Started looking at lower priced HDTV's and set a $500 limit. Best Buy had some 32" in my price range. Just couldn't fall in love with any of them. Went to Sears last weekend and found a 32" Vizio 1080p for 399. Cheaper than the store brands at Best Buy and even today at Sears, the price is $80 higher. So, I shopped a week early and made out.

I swore I wouldn't buy an HDTV till the prices came down to earth. The picture is like I died and went to heaven. GPS will have to wait :zzzzz:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
no shopping this year, i hate to go to the mall, no parking spots, people going crazy, running around, no thanks!! i did want a xbox 360, but im happy with my old xbox.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I went to the best buy in fairfax city, va around 8am..just cause i was up already. I just browsed around till 10am really, the store wasn't that crowded and they still had like 90% of the "doorbuster" merch in stock at 10am not that I bought any of it.Just got some small stuff i'd been wanting.

yeah, methinks we aren't out of the recession yet by the lack of crowd.
B

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Dready, what kind of shop do you work in? Or were you working on your truck project. Your dad's truck?
I work at Merchants Tire & Auto. Don't do any serious mechanic work there and ain't trying to right now, hourly > flat rate, at least right this second.

My truck is sitting, I get to work on that tomorrow and Monday. I doubt this thing has a BHG. Just very very very shitty gas coupled with two intake valves not opening and two injectors not firing (from the shitty clogged gas).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts