Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need 2 sets of minty black INTERIOR door handles for an 85 P-type. shoot me a price shipped to 87059. can trade parts or $.

edit: this is what i need. i dont have pics of the cups but its the plastic part that the door handle/pull sits in. i need 2. pass and drivers side. door handles and cups.

·
Registered
637 Posts
i got a set but they are out of a 84. any difference?

·
Registered
637 Posts
make me an offer or we can talk on PM.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have a set as well. If the deal falls through with him, send me a PM. I will let them go for cheap...I don't need them.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Jake, the "cups" or the arm rests ? Call me .....

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Calling all part hounds!...I still need a set of Black INTERIOR door handles in great condition..if you got the cups that they sit in I will take those too...84-86 should work..my supra is an 85!

$40 shipped sound good to anyone?...paypal waiting...need pics please.

I also have parts to trade...as long as theyre easy to get to and not deep in the engine or under the dash..LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
84 handles are not the same as 85s. They will work but you won't get to use the illuminated keyhole ring on the drivers side.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Okay, just to get this straight: are you talking about the interior door handle pulls (that you pull to open the door, usually fade to gray), or the vinyl covered arm rests that are attached to the door panels?

Arm rests do differ: 82 and 83 had stitching in the vinyl like the dash pad, while 84 to 86 are smooth.

Interior door handle pulls: same from 82 through 86, and the 3rd gen Celica also shares this same part.

Just asking, as there is an 85 Supra at u-pull-it that may have some salvageable handles/cups (I pillaged its gray leather interior). I'll check it out if it's still there on my next visit, as I need more parts from it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Black handles should not be an issue at all since with a good cleaning ANY color handle can be sprayed black using readily available plastic spray paint. The paint should actually stand up better than the original plastic that goes 'grey' with age. Plastic paint has improved so much that now many OEM parts are painted rather than molded in various colors.

Bob

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PIC ADDED TO 1ST POST..yes...i need the door pulls/handles to open the door from the inside will take cups too since mine are fading.. i dont need the arm rest. thanks for clarifying that.

Bob..thx for the suggestion but Ive had shit for luck with interior paint, in these temps down here in flakes off real fast. we can go from 28 degrees to 75 degrees here in a matter of hours and that just kills that paint.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I got the pair of door handles with cups last week, and polished them up. Have to wait for the wife to get home with the camera to get pics. They turned out better than the ones I got before for my black car. :) I'm tempted to keep these. :D I'll update with pics when I can get them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
We're selling them, $15 shipped for the pair. They are nice. :) Click thumbnails for bigger pics. I have paypal [email protected].

·
Registered
443 Posts
No problem! I'll let you know when he gets them out. He actually just left with another part to mail, if only he'd waited 10 minutes! Glad we could help. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts