·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Copy That Sir!!

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
That's a big 10-4.
It's always a good idea to have extra keys.
I have 2 rubber topped ones,but I'll need 2 more. Done.
Yes, use them for pry bars,sometimes. DOHHH! ...I have better tools.
My '84 could use extras,anyway.
My keys work in the trash compactor at my old job. Weird. Not my Mom's car.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Dave, my '74 Capri (bought used in '78) shared the same ignition as my best friends' (Trans-Am Crew Chief on the '69 Vette) '73 Capri he bought in 76...

Imagine me sitting in his car at the car wash and my key started his car...that was epic...as he's working at the pumps...

That's a big 10-4.
My keys work in the trash compactor at my old job. Weird. Not my Mom's car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm not sure, but u think my 86 has the older style key. Here's my original (not oem) on the left, then the Honda key and Cole key from AJ.

Both of the new keys were cut today and do not work on my doors or ignition.

Guess I need the TR33?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
I just ordered from a Toy dealer 90999-00096 lets see if I get them AND if it is the correct Sub key for the late model key cylinder???

·
Super Moderator
8,362 Posts
I just ordered from a Toy dealer 90999-00096 lets see if I get them AND if it is the correct Sub key for the late model key cylinder???
You won't. All the keys and lock cylinder sets are discontinued at Toyota. I don't think anything has every changed here you get a wider hide key for older toyota models and grind the sides of the head to fit. I've got a couple of cheap spares at home I did this way years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Aaron, I ordered a bunch of small items, it'll be interesting to see what I do get!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need to order more I have the key blanks. Been searching for them for the last 2 years and found 10 Toyota Celica Supra MKII 1985-86 small head key blank correct fit for the butterfly ignition switch. Very hard to find and no longer available through dealer. $15 ea. FREE shipping to the lower 48 states. I've sold them to several members here on this forum in the past. I accept PayPal.

Frank
Are these still available mr

21 - 36 of 36 Posts