·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be so broke by March

S366

Precision 46mm wastegate

Braced the SSAC

Sent my 720cc Denso's to be cleaned and flowed; found out that one was flowing less than the others, and one flowed way more than the rest. Talked to my tuner tonight, said he'll sell me his 1000cc Precisions:naughty:

I need a sponsor, badly

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm interested to find out if you have to clock the wastegate flange on the MK2, as you do on the MK3.
I don't have pics, but, I never touched it using a Tial 38mm unit. ATM, venting to atmoshere, but, wastegate exit also points at the downpipe enough, that I'll be able to plumb into the exaust stream w/o any issues.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
let us know about the flanges on the manifold as far as straightness. ive herd of a few ppl having exhaust leaks because of this. u could check it with a straight edge real quick.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Im running the same one and I havent had any Problems from it. Although Im getting ready to Pull it and install a HKS or Treadstone Manifold so my External Wastegate isnt sitting against my Steering rack. I have about 1/2" clearance.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ha! very cool. Donnie sell me some parts and you won't have to be so broke :)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the wastegate flange, the new wastegate is V-banded, so I have to lop off the flange and weld on a V-band. It'll dump down and out, so the V-band will be very helpful on positioning.

The manifold outlet where the turbine housing mounts was rough-milled, but I think it's flat enough after some finish sanding. But I do need to check the major flange (the one that meets the head).

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The 4 bolt rectangle wastegate flange, on MK3, puts the wastegate outlet, right to the body. There is little to no room for the output pipe, so it has to be rotated 90 degrees.

My SSAC manifold, has a 38mm tial as well, so it doesn't have this issue because a new flange was welded in place of the 4 bolt one.

I'm thinking the MK2 would have a little more room there, and could possibly fit a dump tube with a 40mm hks type gate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts