Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my turn signals just stopped working. no idea why. I checked all the fuses, and they are all good. though my hazards still work. is there a relay or something that could have gone bad? if so does anyone know where it's at? or is it most likely the actual blinker something in the blinker arm?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
theres the flasher relay, in most older domestics its a round lil unit that theres either 1, 2, or 4 of, depending on the vehicle.

not to sure on our cars, havent had to deal with it yet

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea where these relays are? I am going to the junk yard tomorrow to get a diff I finally found one that is a 4.10LSD in the yard. just what I have been looking for for autoX and I figured I'd pull those too while I was at it.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
The hazard and turn signal functions both use the same relay but power is supplied to the relay by two seperate fuses. The hazard function is supplied by the "Haz/Horn" fuse while the turn signals are supplied by the "turn" fuse.. Double check the 7.5 amp "turn" fuse. The relay is okay since the hazard function still works. Do your wipers work? The problem may also be in your turn signal switch or the connections to it in the steering column.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay thanks alot dave....looks like I've got more of a headache on my hands then I once thought. all the fuses are good, wipers still work, hazards work. so it looks like it's in the column. that is what I was hopign it was not. welp I guess I'll grap a new one of those while I'm there

Dave A. said:
The hazard and turn signal functions both use the same relay but power is supplied to the relay by two seperate fuses. The hazard function is supplied by the "Haz/Horn" fuse while the turn signals are supplied by the "turn" fuse.. Double check the 7.5 amp "turn" fuse. The relay is okay since the hazard function still works. Do your wipers work? The problem may also be in your turn signal switch or the connections to it in the steering column.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same prob checked and recheck to only fing the fuse doesnt seat snug as it use to I left the key in its on position without the engine
running wiggle the fuses around and found that was the culprit (Just twisted the fuse abit and presto sig lights)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my whole problem is that the hazards work but the turn signals dont...and from my understanding they both work off of the same relay so if one is working and not the other then it's got to be the switch in the stalk.

turbosupra0101 said:
It could be a green box that says sig relay under the dash on the drivers side. 8) :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts