Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my windscreen washer jets are blocked. The passenger side only gives it out of one hole, and the drivers side just dribbles. It definitely the jets itself as it sprays fine when you pull the hose out. I've tried a needle, very fine wire, wd40 (without the red straw as I've lost it) so I'd like to take them off the car to clean them properly. Anyone got any ideas how to get them out? I don't want to break them and don't know where to start.

Cheers guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Jim

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I would venture to say that they will break when you try to take them out since they are so old. But you take them out by going on the underside of the hood with needle nosed pliers and "squishing" in the 2 tabs that hold the nozzle to the hood. And then push them out throught the top of the hood.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know that there are two tabs. I will give that a go. Bit hard to see underneath. I should be able to get hold of some from toyota if nothing else. Thanks mate

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All better. Got them out successfully and blew them through. If I'd got my head right underneath in the first place..!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Good to hear that it worked out for you and they did not turn into dust as soon as you took them off the hood.

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Squirters

Good to hear that it worked out for you and they did not turn into dust as soon as you took them off the hood.
Install a small filter,in line. I use one from my R/C gas car or the old style VW gas filter if you adapt the hose size. GM has a cool one-way valve that has no delay in your squirt,if you like.Black and white thing that looks like a filter on mid 80's -90's Pontiacs,etc. It plugs up,too! Dave.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i have the exact opposite my fluid shoots straight over the sun roof

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
for tailgaters

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
that has no delay in your squirt,if you like.
I dunno, usually no delay in your squirt is a problem.....:sadbanana:

(sorry, I could not resist).

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
for tailgaters
back in my high school days, i used to make deliveries for the local pharmacy... the delivery wagon was the owner's old Volvo 240 wagaon. The rear washer nozzle was mounted to the passenger side C-pillar. The stupid delivery kids (myself included) figured out to twist the nozzle 180 degrees. It sprayed out at least 15-20 feet. No one walking the sidewalks were safe anymore.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
MEGA squirt.

Reminds me of a fun run from Dave's place when I saw Cam's truck blowing what looked like STEAM flowing over the cab. It was his squirters blasting away all of that manure we went through,in the farm land.
So,when is the next one? 4/25/10? Sunday. I better go see what's up.. Dave.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can very easily adjust the direction by inserting a needle into the pinhole and gently moving the ball itself, but itt will take time to get it right. The tiniest movement has a great effect.

Oh, and inline filters seem like a good idea, but if it does get blocked again(not very likely) I'll just take it out and blow it back. Job done. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts