Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's the part number for the blower resistor, 88635-14080, 82-86 MKII. Still available from Toyota for a whopping $6.50 plus tax. I can't believe the resistor is still that cheap! Although, the last batch that I purchased had several that weren't in very good condition with cracked ceramic so maybe it's just as well. :? I can get these for $4.85 each plus tax. I ordered a batch of six more resistors today so if anyone is interested, just let me know by e-mail and I'll ship one your way as soon as they arrive and pass my inspection. :) I also found one new resistor that I had apparently stashed away in my parts stash and was leftover from the last batch so that one is up for grabs as well. If there's enough demand, maybe we could do a GP and I can order a whole bunch more. Let me know! 8)

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange that the part number I posted isn't in the EPC! I would think that all of the various market MKII's would take the same blower resistor, but maybe not. Does your resistor look like the one in the Haynes manual or TSRM? $74.00 AU sounds awfully high!! Are you sure they looked up the right part?? Let me know if you still need the resistor. I can have one shipped to you for probably considerably less than $74.00 AU.

·
Registered
178 Posts
errmm... here's another stupid question from ed.

what is this and what's it do?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Supraa_luva said:
errmm... here's another stupid question from ed.

what is this and what's it do?
I'll answer that...

It's the resistor which controls the speed of the internal air circulation (hence blower). Current goes through the resistor, more resistance slower fan speed. It's that simple and if one is broken, you don't have fan.

As simple as that...
And as for the location is depicted below.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ii see... thanks. I learn something new a few times a day here.

I was like, when did supra's have blowers on them... JK I'm not THAT dumb, lol.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Supraa_luva said:
Ii see... thanks. I learn something new a few times a day here.

I was like, when did supra's have blowers on them... JK I'm not THAT dumb, lol.

Actually, there was a blown MKII drag car that was published in "Car Craft" magazine a number of years back. Black exterior, narrowed and tubbed rear, and 6-71 (or was it an 8-71 :roll: ) blower sticking up out of the hood. The name of the article was "Supracharged", published either in the late 80's or early 90's, I'm not sure which.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts