Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We saw the Airshow today, it was very neat to see. They had a B25 Bomber, F22 Raptor Fighter Jet, a Bi-plane, 3 AT-6's, the Blue Angels and some others. Thought I'd share the pics and videos. It was fun and pretty loud when they flew right over the crowd! :thumbsup:

Sorry the videos are a bit shaky, I had a kid in 1 arm and it's hard focusing on a 400mph plane while using zoom to begin with. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1nNvnatubY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDL--0MUbVw

·
Registered
697 Posts
Great pics. I love seeing the blues. And fanatic I thought the same thing you did. Great minds think alike.

·
Registered
429 Posts
WOW love the pics

:zzzzz:, Which airshow was this?, i love airshows, been to many.I got to see the Thunderbirds in 88, when they visited Australia, that show was awesome, but the best time was when the air national guard put a show on at the Gold coast Indy car race in 95, i remember watching 6 F16's come up the beach in single file, then branched off, with full afterburner's:eek4dance:.:salute:

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Looks like fun! Nice overcast day so you're not squinting into the sun trying to get the shot...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:zzzzz:, Which airshow was this?, i love airshows, been to many.I got to see the Thunderbirds in 88, when they visited Australia, that show was awesome, but the best time was when the air national guard put a show on at the Gold coast Indy car race in 95, i remember watching 6 F16's come up the beach in single file, then branched off, with full afterburner's:eek4dance:.:salute:
They came to St. Cloud, MN. It was the Navy's Blue Angels. I'm a bit confused though, the Blue Angel's cargo plane said "Marines" on the side, but it says "Navy" on the side of the Blue Angels planes. We're thinking of seeing the Thunderbirds in August when they're in the state. Those afterburners sure make the show awesome. As if the sound wasn't cool enough! :eek4dance:

·
Registered
697 Posts
The Fat Albert plane is a Marine plane because that is the unit that uses them in combat. It is operated by Marines as well. Confusing indeed.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My favorite part of the Angels' show is when they distract the crowd with some eezy-peezy stuff and the singles sneak in just below mach and about 75 foot off the deck. Cool stuff! Navy doesn't operate C-130s, only the Marines do, but of course, the Marines are part of the Navy. We just had the Thunderbirds in town a week or so ago. They are good, but Angels are better. Thus the debate begins....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts