Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe some old guy tried to go with me in a BMW 330ci convertible yesterday!

He got chopped! hahahahaha i dont think he was impressed that his AU$98K car was taken to the cleaners by the supra hahah, he then did a flyby in shame as i slowed down.

Made my day when i came home and found out that his 170kw car cost that much hahaha!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
BlackSupra said:
I'd like to think its quick, but it aint hella quick.

6mge, 5spd, exhaust, 4inch cold air intake from front bar, K&N airbox filter, with about 10% of airbox left, heat sheild, spark leads.

Checkout the airbox :)

http://www.geocities.com/ifli4u/airbox.jpg

Bring on the 2jzge :)
Hrm.........I dunno about this. 6MGE vs. 2JZGE - hands down it would be the 2JZGE, unless the 6MGE is heavily modded.

That BMW 330ci is a FAST car - I know because I've driven a black, hard top model. Your 6MGE must be throwing down some pretty serious HP figures.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
That BMW 330ci is a FAST car - I know because I've driven a black, hard top model. Your 6MGE must be throwing down some pretty serious HP figures.
It's a high 14 second car tops. Just a little faster than the IS ususally.

However, the MkII has about 300 lbs on the car, so... I don't know. It's possible if the guy had an auto and the 6M-GE was putting good power down.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
A friend has a 14.5sec 6mge mk2. Not stripped of weight. Car is tuned well, and driven HARD. That will take a 330, it will def be a close race tho.

Hell, I even gave a 330 a run for its $ with my stock ass Jetta. 330 has 225hp and 215 ftlbs, not much more than a tuned 6m or a stock Jetta VR6 ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Strange. So 160-some rwhp is enough to put a MkII into the 14s? :?

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
He has intake/exhaust/header/timing mods/strong clutch and drives it HARD. Never dynoed, but it is def making more than [email protected] No spare, I think it weighed in @2950?

Damon in PA with a -400lb car similary equipped ran consistent 14.0s with dozens of timeslips that we have all seen.

quick said:
Strange. So 160-some rwhp is enough to put a MkII into the 14s? :?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
From what I know Damon can drive the crap out of anything. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Nice. I'd be interested in seeing how much power it's putting down.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think Damon could manage a 14.0 in a damn Yugo with 2 hamster's powering it and jelly donuts for rear tires... The guy seems to just pull horsepower out of thin air.. lol...

Of course..thats also why I have him helping me with my Turbo :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah also forgot the timing is advanced to hell! has to run 98 octane fuel or it pings :)

oh yes neglected that i do drive hard :twisted:

Only beat him by maybe half to a car length, was concentrating on the road more :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Supraracer007 - sorry better clarrify, my intention is to put a 2jzge into the supra, not take one on with the supra! :lol:

my bad. :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts