Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not believe the price to replace the body moulding on our cars? I called toyota today and they gave me an estimate of $482 and some change to replace all the moulding. Are they feeding me crap or what? i would like to replace mine but at that price no way. does anyone know where i can get this? do they make aftermarket moulding for our cars?

·
Founding Member
6,425 Posts
Which mouldings are you talking about? If you really mean ALL of them, you're talking well over $1000 even with our discount from Jay Marks toyota. If you are just referring to the rub strip around middle of the car, someone posted about a year ago a part # for a very close match that you could get at most any auto body supply that was sold by the foot plus endcaps. Search the mk2 archives on yahoogroups for that post or take a sample in and match it against their catalog. Other pieces you are stuck with going through the dealer.

Phil D.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Sounds about right as far as price goes. I replaced 6 sections of the trim on the doors and quarters of my 85 Celica GT. The black strips to be exact. It ran me over $250. The new stuff is held on with double sided tape instead of the metal and plastic clips. Looks great and fits perfect.
The rocker moulding is about $110 per side.

Joe B.

·
Super Moderator
8,397 Posts
You should call up Jeff Watson @ Jay Marks. If I remember right its right about $300 from him for all of the belt mouldings. To replace all the mouldings and emblems on the whole car expect to pay around $2500 or so discounted. At least that what I paid for my set (which have been sitting in a closet for 2 years awaiting a paint job :roll:).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys. i will try and see what i can dig up and then maybe we can post it for future refrence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts