Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
161 - 180 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
So you take peoples money and you're response is basically fuck you for asking you're not worth my time? It's a pretty simple question and there are 5 months of questions above asking the same thing. Doing this shit in private is the shadiest shit out there and has to be time consuming as fuck if its even happening. I've already written this one off, but I feel bad for letting it happen to others. I think we're a pretty reasonable bunch, but dude it's 2022 where we have phones that take pictures and can post shit from around the world.
did i say that? dont put words in my mouth. I have never once taken anyone's money and not delivered, so dont start throwing stupid shit out there and assume you know WTF is going on, why am i shady? because you say so or because you think something should be done your way? i dont need your money bro i do just fine, time and effort into this im losing money, yes its 2022 and there is all kinds of shortages and delays plus other bullshit going on, all kinds of industries in shambles or that my fault too? you will get your order but im not taking your shit... approach me different and get a different response not everyone is out to get you, and im not going anywhere if you haven't noticed,

·
Administrator
8,863 Posts
You're basically screaming at me for just asking to provide an simple update. How hard is it to come on here every couple of months and post a sentence or two about what's going on? At this point you can keep my money and put it towards getting them towards everyone else.

BTW I'm a mechanical engineer and I've delivered at least 6 projects like 10x this large in 2021. Even FPGAs are barely a 12 month lead time right now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You're basically screaming at me for just asking to provide an simple update. How hard is it to come on here every couple of months and post a sentence or two about what's going on? At this point you can keep my money and put it towards getting them towards everyone else.

BTW I'm a mechanical engineer and I've delivered at least 6 projects like 10x this large in 2021. Even FPGAs are barely a 12 month lead time right now.
im not screaming im just saying my say like you did, i didnt come at you like a ass. your industry is yours i cant speak for it, i can only deal with my circumstances, i am one guy doing a number of things and maybe your company has the ability to apply more pressure were there treated as more of a priority. I have not idea what you do exactly. Also your right maybe i should have had more updates in between im a big boy and i can say i agree with you were i was wrong, but we are were we are now, i am not interested in fighting with ppl, there is other projects i have held back until this gets done and then ill see if its worth the headache, as i also dont like delays. but ill be straight bro i dont like ppl saying shit were they insinuate im going to take there cash and not deliver... the location under my user id says Canada not Nigeria.

·
Super Moderator
7,922 Posts
A couple little public updates would have been appreciated by everyone following.

Can I moderate the moderator?
A bit quick on the gun!

Reactions: AJ

·
Founding Member
6,776 Posts
Sure, eventually. Now there is another guy, seemingly a very young guy, brand new to our forum, who started a thread promising to make some trim. I'd be a bit dubious of sending the young guy a large deposit until he shows that he can produce something. However, Billy's been a staple of the forum for a very long time and already contributed physical parts to our community.

Now while it would be nice to hear an update once in a while, I guess I haven't been too anxious about keeping up with the monthly status because I ordered a set to help ensure Billy could obtain some minimum quantities of materials, get volume discounts on supplies, that sort of thing plus I figured it might be good to have another spare set on hand. I DON'T have a Supra freshly painted, almost ready for the Spring car show season, just awaiting this last set of trim. If anyone is in that kind of situation and it'll help, then Billy, just take care of everyone who has been anxious about their orders first and you can send mine last.

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just to let the group know, I had sent my deposit for a set of the body trim 1 year ago. I did have expectations that this is a worthwhile group purchase. I would like to report that I am beyond the point of 'no longer able to wait'. With no word on delivery and my project near completion I had to make the call to move on without the side trim and withdraw from the group buy. The limited communication has also played a factor in my decision. Hopefully, I will get my deposit back and as a show of support I told Billy to keep $75 of my deposit as a way to say thank you and that I do appreciate his efforts. I hope the project is a success in the future but at this point the product did not show in time for my project. I want people to know that have participated in many group purchases before. This one just didn't pan out.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Just checked my paypal history as it's been so long I couldn't remember when (or for how much, $250 Feb 25, 2021) I sent the deposit.

Yep, it's been about a year...

Good thing I'm on no schedule. Bummer for those who were waiting on these parts to finish restorations...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just to let the group know, I had sent my deposit for a set of the body trim 1 year ago. I did have expectations that this is a worthwhile group purchase. I would like to report that I am beyond the point of 'no longer able to wait'. With no word on delivery and my project near completion I had to make the call to move on without the side trim and withdraw from the group buy. The limited communication has also played a factor in my decision. Hopefully, I will get my deposit back and as a show of support I told Billy to keep $75 of my deposit as a way to say thank you and that I do appreciate his efforts. I hope the project is a success in the future but at this point the product did not show in time for my project. I want people to know that have participated in many group purchases before. This one just didn't pan out.
Hey, I replied to your message, sorry guys i dont check here every day, I have most of the trim parts finished 7 of 10 pieces for the sets, but ran out of material, so im waiting for the rest of the materials to arrive, i was told i should have the remaining materials sometime in March, So i hope to shipping sets in order starting Apr, ill message everyone once there sets are ready to ship.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Billy, can you please update everyone. Time flies, can't believe its been 1 year. Looking forward to hearing from you...

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,922 Posts
They don't have a perfect finish from what i've read, but well worth their price, and will never rust. I think a coat of black satin finish and they are a very good solution.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
They’re not bad. Just opened mine up. Decentish, def need some sanding/cutting still

·
Registered
656 Posts
Don't know how good these fiberglass repros are but they certainly must be better than rusted out, falling apart ones:
Bob
I am making ones that are not fiberglass but more solid and like plastic, the fiberglass ones are like 3 layers of fiberglass matt with gelcoat, I have seen them not bad given its the only option currently but i want to make something stronger as being on the bottom of the car its going to be a bit harder on them given road debris ect...

·
Registered
656 Posts
They’re not bad. Just opened mine up. Decentish, def need some sanding/cutting still
Moe has them too, once sanded filled painted will look good, but not sure how long will last, i have the front header panel they sell and took a lot of work to fix as it was so thin, once you start sanding the getcoat holes opened up, so i had to reinforce the back and reshape areas

·
Super Moderator
7,922 Posts
Nice diameter-enlarged wheels Billy.
15 or 16?
And chromed dipped too 😍 👌

161 - 180 of 247 Posts