Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a little money to buy myself the supplies to finish the job. I decided to remove my side trim before paint. It was hanging off, and I had actually gorilla glued one end of the front piece to the fender, in a feeble attempt to dance around the fact that I either had to replace it, or lose it. I went out and got A tub of bondo, 3 packs of sand paper, a can or self etching primer, and a can of black paint. It matches no where close, but it hides the ugly primer ok. It took me a entire day to tack weld the holes without warping the metal. I finally got it figured out. I had one hole warp up front, but I went in from the backside, and tapped it out.

Bad half way done pic, this was last night, about 6:00pm. Only picture I got, sorry. :(

Today I woke up, and decided to finish the sanding, and priming. I got it finished early this morning. I had to go put a new door on my girlfriends grandmas house today thanks to thieves, so I started working on the front of my car this afternoon. I decided to french my cressida lip, and I'm glad I did. I love the way it looks so far. Here are some progress pics. I'll get more tomorrow after I paint it black.

This is after I put on the Bondo hair, sanded it, and put on normal Bondo to make it more smooth. I'm not too worried about the Bondo cracking. That Bondo hair is some really tough stuff.

Annnnd, primer.

Better pictures tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
damn, you beat me too it, I have wanted to mold my cressy lip on for a while.

I would have recomended the bondo fiberglass jelly as its a bit more flexible...but looks good and post up finish pictures.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks great already, I can't wait to see what it looks like after I paint it. I found a few spots I need to add to, so I should be finished in another hour max.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
cress lip looks good molded. im also a big fan of shaved side moldings. however, i really hope that the bondo doesnt crack on that front bumper, but it probably will. bondo doesnt flex well.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I like it, good work Cody:thumbsup:

·
Registered
673 Posts
The best supras are Frankenstein's of all the years! Good job looks great.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fiberglass jelly, then take some of the bonder fiberglass woven fabric and shred it all up and mix it in so its still like paste style with the strips, then its flexible and strong.
That's exactly what the Bondo hair stuff I put on it is. Regular Bondo with fiberglass shreds in it.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's my plan if this doesn't hold as good as I think it will. Atleast I'll have time between now, and the time I'm getting it painted to make sure it will indeed hold up.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate that it's raining. I could be finished now. Don't get me wrong, we need the rain, but sheesh, I see the finish line here!

·
Registered
121 Posts
did you have any cracks or tears before you started the work, my replacement bumper has a lot of cracks and i wanted to know if you or anyone had suggestions before i began the main bondo work.

what do you think?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts