Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever have that feeling that a medicine ball just materialized in your stomach?

That's what I felt when I saw my pass. door skin from the inside:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Coming from someone who sells used OEM parts thats never a fun sight especially when its on the part about to go to a customer :32:

·
Registered
322 Posts
What are these boogers? I never bondoed before. But im about to soon, cause of a bad gash in my quarterpanel... and I dont want boogers. lol explaiiin.

and why are they so bad?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You can use a stud welder. It welds copper studs then you use a slide hammer to pull the dent. Once you're finished you cut the studs and grind the tips off then bondo. No holes...

(that was the quick version)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe he hasnt pulled those trims yet... sorry n2.
No need to apologize, Greg. I am not married so I come here for abuse. I didn't need to see from the inside, I have a rusted hole 4" x 6" in my right rear quarter that will be replaced. The left quarter is fine, the driver's door has an 8" crease that I will deal with using a stud puller.

What are these boogers? I never bondoed before. But im about to soon, cause of a bad gash in my quarterpanel... and I dont want boogers. lol explaiiin.
Bondo is useful as long as it is not applied any more than about 1/16th of an inch. It's tendancy to shrink causes cracks in less than a year, then of course water gets in the cracks and gives us our cancerous rust spots. I use a product called Duraglass that can fill a void and does not shrink or crack. Preferrably, I wouldn't want to have to fill a large void at all. It's best to pull the metal as close as I can, then lightly fill the difference.

Seeing those boogers showed me that I have more work to do than I had anticipated. If my work situation improves, I can start in on this next summer. This will hopefully give me enough time to decide on paint scheme and color.

·
Registered
121 Posts
No need to apologize, Greg. I am not married so I come here for abuse. I didn't need to see from the inside, I have a rusted hole 4" x 6" in my right rear quarter that will be replaced. The left quarter is fine, the driver's door has an 8" crease that I will deal with using a stud puller.

Bondo is useful as long as it is not applied any more than about 1/16th of an inch. It's tendancy to shrink causes cracks in less than a year, then of course water gets in the cracks and gives us our cancerous rust spots. I use a product called Duraglass that can fill a void and does not shrink or crack. Preferrably, I wouldn't want to have to fill a large void at all. It's best to pull the metal as close as I can, then lightly fill the difference.

Seeing those boogers showed me that I have more work to do than I had anticipated. If my work situation improves, I can start in on this next summer. This will hopefully give me enough time to decide on paint scheme and color.
Snake... let me know when you are going to start your body work i know my car has nothing to say body wise but i actually am very good i have worked at bodyshops and i can teach you to use bondo correctly. (without bondo boogers lol)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I thought the bondo through the holes helps it stay "attached" - gives the bondo more to hold on to.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
That's what it looks like to me, 'bongo hooks', lol, that usually means it was put on thick, but u could see the dent from the inside if that were the case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts