Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first time ever on a track or racing even at all ran a 16.085. Bone stock just a filter and no exhaust 5mge 237K on it with tires that have a MFG date of 2001( dry rotted SOOO bad) also I had a 180lb passenger in the car. 2.5 60' foot time with .8 sec reaction time lol. I know I could get in the 15's with few trys at it.

Super slow but much better they I thought I could run. I was hopeing to run in the 16's so I was happy. I also did a bunch of drifting (kinda stock lsd with almost 240K is kinda hard to predict) at the track to. It was fun Ill be going alot more often.

Ill post slip later.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i got a 10.4 in a 1/8 mile, with .6 reaction time. all stock 5m with a filter. with 245k miles.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My first time ever on a track or racing even at all ran a 16.085. Bone stock just a filter 5mge 237K on it with tires that have a MFG date of 2001( dry rotted SOOO bad) also I had a 180lb passenger in the car. 2.5 60' foot time with .8 sec reaction time lol. I know I could get in the 15's with few trys at it.

Super slow but much better they I thought I could run. I was hopeing to run in the 16's so I was happy. I also did a bunch of drifting (kinda stock lsd with almost 240K is kinda hard to predict) at the track to. It was fun Ill be going alot more often.

Ill post slip later.
Were you out at Firebird?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you out at Firebird?
Yes I did not see any other MKII's out there. I saw one in the pits on a video on az240sx but never saw it run or anything. I was the silver car with one headlight. I have no exhaust also I forgot to put that. So I guess filter/exhaust ran that.

Also now that Im looking at the slip its a 2.4 60' foot with 84 mph trap and 10.3 in 1/8th.

I need a batteries for my camera to take a picture of the slip.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not bad! I've seen 6Ms with mods do a similar time.

If you are seriously going to be testing out your car, it's time for new tires.
Yea I know they are my drift tires. I bet if my freind was not in the car it would have been 15.9X. My 5m runs pretty good. I need a new lsd so bad tho it burns 1 wheel half the time on the drift track then it would just lock and spin.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yep, shed the partner and get in the 15's. Not fast by today's standards but pretty good for one of our stock 5M's. A header and exhaust along with tune up and timing bump if needed will shave off even more.
Kudos to you for running it! Keep on having fun.

·
Registered
471 Posts
wonder how far you could drop it with the i/h/e and adjusted timing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yea I know they are my drift tires. I bet if my freind was not in the car it would have been 15.9X. My 5m runs pretty good. I need a new lsd so bad tho it burns 1 wheel half the time on the drift track then it would just lock and spin.
A rule of thumb is every 100 lbs. you remove means a tenth of a second.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to be running it tomarrow. Ill try and get 15's

Tires are worse now and its going to be warmer so I might be slower.

Also I am going to race my brother vg30e 200sx s12. I should beat him.

Stock vs stock My 85 runs a 16.1 his runs a 16.4.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts