Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back we installed a maroon boot and console cover into my sons car which we got off eBay from Bonnie. Well now a bit over a year later I have a MkII as well and it too was in need of a proper shift boot and armrest cover. Bonnie and eBay to the rescue once again.

These guys/gals do such great work I just had to give them another plug.

Here are a few pictures of my nice now minty looking interior.

New shift boot.

New armrest cover.

Overall view.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
yea, ive got a bonnie b buttons armrest and shift boot in my car. excellent quality. i dont really have any real good shots of my armrest though. all you got to do now is send your shift knob to Pete (thweezl) and have him recover it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i second the quality of bonnie b buttons. i have one of their shift boots as well. great looking piece of work and fit like stock. sorry i dont have a pic of it installed yet.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sweet! I just ordered the combo shift boot and armrest cover. Should go well with my TRD shift knob.

I may send out my original shift knob for black leather recoving. The original knob is a little more comfortable in the hand to me, though the TRD is very nice.

I have a Terra Cotta interior, black is the secondary interior accent color, and I think it will look good with black knob, boot and armrest cover.

I just haven't seen any good matches in leather for the original Terra Cotta. I think there is a SEM spray dye that someone had the Terra Cotta color code for. I'm wondering in the back of my mind how well that would dye leather to match my TC interior.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I can't work on my car til it's no longer the car I drive to work haha.

Truck money is getting saved up, no real rush but SOON as I have that the car will slowly become....well clean.

Anyways, I don't know if Donkey2 told ya ToyNut but I've got him hooked on the Chrysler Conquest shift boot. I paid $5 for it at Pete's Junkyard, funny story cause that car won't in a lot, I had parked beside it. It had 3 year old inspection and doors were unlocked, so I looked in, saw the shiftboot and took it out. I wonder if Pete was saving that car.

Here's my boot hahaha.

Once you load up the pic, there are some changes. That steering is under my bed, not on the car. That stain on the driver floor (clutch fluid) is gone kinda. I don't ride around with jackstands in the passenger floor or with fender well covers in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The boot holds itself down. Just slide it over the shifter, force it down through, and it fits snug cause it's wide and sturdy but flexible enough to be forced into place. Once it's in place, shifting alone can't budge it. Nothing inside the boot, nothing on the bottom of the boot haha.
Nicely done! :thumbsup:

That really works out good. We were supposed to see donkey2 this weekend but with the crappy weather and he needed to fix something on his it never happened. I am sure he will tell me about it when I see him.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Haven't talked to him in a good while haha. I haven't even seen his Supra around. Met a guy working at Midas with a 7MGTE Mark 2 but he said he had been on the forum and left for some reason I can't remember.
Yea you Met JTWhitehead then. Yea Tony comes and goes on the forum now a days but he is still around when you need him and what not. I was out at his shop 2 weeks ago getting all of my front seals and timing belt changed. great guy if you ever need help or have a question!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet! I just ordered the combo shift boot and armrest cover. Should go well with my TRD shift knob.

I may send out my original shift knob for black leather recoving. The original knob is a little more comfortable in the hand to me, though the TRD is very nice.

I have a Terra Cotta interior, black is the secondary interior accent color, and I think it will look good with black knob, boot and armrest cover.

I just haven't seen any good matches in leather for the original Terra Cotta. I think there is a SEM spray dye that someone had the Terra Cotta color code for. I'm wondering in the back of my mind how well that would dye leather to match my TC interior.
Any chance of seeing a couple pics of your interior? Thinking about doing the black accent on my TC too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
this is good to know, it looks like the PO used to grip the shifter around the boot in my ride, either that or a rat had it's way with it.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

Any chance of seeing a couple pics of your interior? Thinking about doing the black accent on my TC too.
+2 on that.

Also, I was wondering if a MkIII center armrest would properly fit a MkII?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts