Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few quick questions. I am purchasing some pieces off of a 87 supra turbo to boost my 84 Supra which I recently bought.

I was wondering how much boost the stock fuel system will hold up to. If none, then what pieces are the weakest links for fuel? Injectors? Fuel pump? And if the stock ECU supports boost. If not, then will the 87 ECU's swap directly into the 84?

I have quite a bit of knowledge with turbocharging cars and would have no problem redoing the entire fuel system and engine management...that is if I could afford it. So I am looking for the most affordable way, see http://www.squirrelsw.com/finishline (my company site) and click on the Project Cars for an example of some of my work.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
It's deja vu all over again! 8)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
NoahFex you migth want to check the turbo section, there is tons of info in there *click here*
I think the 5MGE would hold up to 5-7 psi with out bottom end change, but there have been a couple of people have have gone way above and beyond that :wink:

4SFED said:
It's deja vu all over again! 8)
:werd: :lol:

*see SupraRacer007 I can be nice :wink: for now :twisted:

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
Stock ecu becomes retarded once you start boosting. The best results were had with either a.) A rising rate fuel pressure regulator ~$190 and a fuel pump, or b.) 295cc injectors, S-AFC, and a fuel pump.

Zank was just frunt'n. Change his name back to something more morally harmful. =)

--BillyM

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
they're on ebay often enough and you see em usually go for 40 to 70 a set

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey nick do your ever goto the pavillions (scottsdale) on saterday nights? just wanted to check out your supra. looking to meet people in the vally with same kind of car as mine to see what they are doing.
-alan
mesa

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
82supra said:
hey nick do your ever goto the pavillions (scottsdale) on saterday nights? just wanted to check out your supra. looking to meet people in the vally with same kind of car as mine to see what they are doing.
-alan
mesa
Yes, I go EVERY weekend. I drive my red 2nd gen Ford Probe GT and park it near all my Ford Probe buddies.

I may have to bring my Supra down this week(tomorow). (I only bought it 2 days ago).

Gimme a call if you are there, i'm always down to meet people. 602.614.6480

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
82supra said:
-alan
mesa
btw, I just saw that you live in Mesa. I work in Mesa. :) Ever heard of SH Motorsport over on Broadway and Extension? I do all their web and graphic design stuff.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ya ive herd of them. a lot of my friends sey that they(sh) have messed up their car one way of another. i didnt check your reply untill i got back from the car show. i have a 83 red supra that i drive. usaly park near the bikes.
-alan

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
82supra said:
ya ive herd of them. a lot of my friends sey that they(sh) have messed up their car one way of another. i didnt check your reply untill i got back from the car show. i have a 83 red supra that i drive. usaly park near the bikes.
-alan
'

Ya, SH are a bunch of morons. I only do their graphic design and web work. I wouldn't ever let them touch me car. :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts