Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
i am in

Hi Aaron, count me in at the 10 price.. I need a few weeks to get back home from vacationing Halifax NS to send in my spare TB.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Rabid Chimp said:
...... I'm going to get off of my ass and post this on the mk2 list to drum up a bit more interest. .......-Aaron
well post it up aready...lol

will

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Payment information for Throttle Body Group Buy

Hi guys. Looks like we're set for the 10+ rate of $145 each. I've spoken to my throttle body guru for scheduling purposes, and he's quite busy at the moment, but will be able to work on the throttle bodies during the week starting September 8th. This works out nicely, and will give you a bit of time to pull the TB's from your cars and/or source a unit from the wreckers, pack it up, pay, and send it my way. With your payment of $145, please include $12.00 for shipping/handling. If you would like to pay via paypal.com, please send payment to [email protected] Money orders and personal checks can be sent to the following address:

Rabid Chimp Performance
603 Champion Street
Steilacoom, WA 98388

Please include an email address with your throttle body and payment, so I can notify you upon receipt.

Canadian orders.- Please add an additional $5 for shipping. Your order will be shipped via United States Post Office.

It appears that we do have at least 10 people in on 10+ buy at $145, but lack of payments will affect the price. If I do not have at least ten payments by September 4th, I will have no choice but to charge an additional $25 for each throttle body. If you have any further questions, please post them here, and I'll respond a.s.a.p. Take care folks!
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Paid $157 via Paypal. Now I just have to hound William to get my throttle body shipped. If he hasn't shipped it already, I will tell him to ship it to you directly.

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
Aaron, do we need to remove the TPS and ?? before shipping the TB to you??

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Aaron, do we need to remove the TPS and ?? before shipping the TB to you??
You do not have to remove the TPS prior to shipping to me. I will disassemble, reassemble, and calibrate the TPS. Ciao.
-Aaron

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got a couple quick questions. I didn't see a reply to the post on dyno numbers, do you maybe have an estimate? It already looks like a smokin good deal, I'm just curious to know. Also, about how long to complete the work? I'm unfortunately faced with a deadline, the car must be put back together before October. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I do not have any dyno information for this modification, but plan to do testing on this and other Rabid Chimp products when I find a willing party up here in the Pac NW. Customers that use this upgraded throttle body report more mid range and top end power, as well as improved throttle response. I've installed one of these on a 7mge powered Supra, along with a freshly rebuilt port/polished head, mandrel bent intake, and K&N FIPK. The car was much faster. On a supercharged Honda S2000, one of these upgraded throttle bodies was installed, and a 17 rwhp gain was achieved. The S2000, with the Comptech Supercharger kit does makes about ~285 ish at the wheels.
-Aaron

·
Super Moderator
8,223 Posts
The smog tech will never know you have it installed. Technically its illegal but the odds of it getting caught are extremely slim. BTW Aaron I may send in a TB to get modded for this price.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Rabid Chimp said:
Aaron is the TB California friendly as in smoge legal.
It is not smog legal, but California will love you for making more horsepower! Hasta la Vista
-Aaron
Good to know one last thing will it pass the actual numbers on the test. I have no idea thats y i am asking.

CRF_Rider man i agree wit u 110%.
this one is for the people who think out of the box :drinking: :beer: :drink: :patriot: :rockon:

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
HCogeHC said:
Rabid Chimp said:
Aaron is the TB California friendly as in smoge legal.
It is not smog legal, but California will love you for making more horsepower! Hasta la Vista
-Aaron
Did they specifically tell you it is not smog legal? I just moved to WI where so far I don't have to worry about smog checks unless I move to Mi'waukee but I figure that even so how the hell is anyone gonna know that my TB has been reamed out? As long as everything looks stock or has the sticker do they actually tear it apart to see its innards when it doesn't read quite right on their sniffers? I know WI is a little backwards - I lived in Vegas for the last 23 years and there we were becoming another Republic of California, so it was refreshing to move to here - Hell, you dont even have to show proof of insurance to get plates in WI but it is slowly creeping up on us - we just passed (reluctantly, by all accounts in the legislature) the .08 alcohol limit so we could save the Fed Funds.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Aaron, did you get my '82 throttle body? It should have shown up Friday last week from William in Florida. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have a TB from a 6M. will this one be a direct swap? if not anyone have a TB for an 84 for sale?

skip

·
Premium Member
7,685 Posts
Guys, this is one of those grey areas for smog laws in Cali. If considered direct replacement then no E/O number is needed ie muffler, air filter not cone, cat converter, etc. I know many engines have been bored out with oversize pistons and meets the "spirt"of the smog law so to speak. Cali is spirt of the law state. Smog techs only look at the ext of the eng for obivious smog violations, ie no cat, no gas tank filler neck restrictor, non vented gas cap, EGR in place,

Basically all you have to say is that my TB needed to be rebuilt shaft was loose plus there are numerous shops out there blue printing TBI units for GM, Fords etc.

I wouldnt worry about it period.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I live in California, and I installed one of the Rabid Chimp throttle bodies on my car. Externally you cannot tell it isn't what came on the car stock. I compared them side by side before installation and I can promise you, there is no smog station that is going to look at your 62mm bored TB and have anything to say about it.

(other than it's real clean on the outside) :wink:

It's not like they're going to ask you to take your intake pipe off so they can take a peek...they never do that. Not in my experience anyway, and I had to go to a test only station last Nov because of that random selection of older cars (attempting to get rid of gross poluters). I passed with flying colors.

By the way, I was one of the first guys to get one of these TBs, and it's badass...throttle response is better, more top end - out of the hole acceleration is WAY improved. It's like a whole different car.

[edit: woo hoo...my 500th post! I need to stay away from here and let you guys catch up] :banme:

[also I just noticed that SupraFiend is getting ready to pass SupraBob as the all time post whore with both tied at 777 posts]

21 - 40 of 86 Posts