Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
ok, well got my tial knockoff installed yesterday. it works great. its a very light low pitched whooo sound. almost like letting the air out a tire, just not as high pitched and its a very short sound due to it being able to evacuate the air so well. still gets people to turn their heads though. lol. i took pics of it mounted but forgot to load them to photobucket when i was at home.

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
ok, got pics of it installed. still need to paint the pipe black. and i still have the aluminum flange for when my ffim is done and i put my new i/c in as im gonna run aluminum i/c pipes.

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
what wires? theres just a couple on the thermostat housing. less then stock. way less in that area then normal. no maf :D. the oil filter relocation will be mounted lower out of site when i buy the ss braided hoses to run it right with reusable an fittings etc... and that upper i/c pipe and stuff will be gone wit hthe ffim is done. lol. its taken some time but im getting there. lol

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what wires? theres just a couple on the thermostat housing. less then stock. way less in that area then normal. no maf :D. the oil filter relocation will be mounted lower out of site when i buy the ss braided hoses to run it right with reusable an fittings etc... and that upper i/c pipe and stuff will be gone wit hthe ffim is done. lol. its taken some time but im getting there. lol
I guess I'm just spoiled with my no wires :D

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
ive got almost no wires. lol. im on the ms2 now remember. very few wires compared to stock. lol.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
^^
Coming from such a superb sounding engine, i thought it could of been one of the best.
..I guess i'll stick with what i have. Thanks for the info!

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Well it doesn't necessarily mean that the BOV is bad, just that it's unable to vent enough air when it opens the first time, so it opens a second or third time. The initial pressure drop is enough to get the BOV to close partially, but then the pressure levels rise back up again and it opens again. Hence the multiple chirps. It could be that the turbo (flow) & BOV size are improperly matched.

Don't take my word as gospel though. Someone may be able to explain it better or differently and prove me wrong.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Old thread, but thought I'd add BOV that I was looking at getting. I think there has been quite a bit of new BOV since 2011.

Turbosmart Race Port BOV

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Seriously, get a Tial 50mm copy. They are less than $50 shipped with flanges. If the spring is too tight, you can trim it a 1/4 coil at a time to work, or buy the off the shelf Tial springs to swap into it. Best BOV for the money.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts